Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that’s classic.

When I was a mod I had a some screen shots of trolls reading the rules threads in between stirring the pot.
My cheapest chicom saw doesn't have a cylinder that looks that marked up, even my torched gz400 cylinder doesn't have a ring mark near as bad as his saw has.

Interesting choice of a name, Paracelsus was also known as the “father of toxicology”

Yes, a rennisciance man who extolled on the value of recieved wisdom tempered by observation. I thought it appropriate.

I'm not sure why all the trollish responses and mocking, but I think it's related to a belief that asking questions makes you dumb.
I will always have more questions than answers, would not have it any other way.
I would encourage anyone who would care to become more intelligent, and capable to spend more time asking questions, even if you fear people will think you're an idiot. I've seen a large cross section of people and I can tell you there isn't anything more inverse to the truth.

I think a major difference with the trolls is they spout whatever they think they know or ought to know, but don't spend any time asking why they "know" that's true. To what extent their experimental knowledge is applicable and and what possibilities and knowledge they keep shut off from their own ability by thinking that what they or even we as a species know, is static.

But I do get a laugh out of those who are trying to insult me without knowing anything about who I am and what I've done or do. Implying that I can't drop trees or know anything about saws.

It can be humbling to ask questions instead of acting crass and above it all. I try to seek out those that can handle being humble and invest themselves into asking questions and avoid those who think they know, because most always: they don't know ****. Which is why I mostly lurk and ask questions and many questions I ask today, I will ask them again in the future. Our ability to solve, conceptualize, and evolve our technology and understanding is what sets us apart from apes. They can do group think and in group out group tribal bias bs just as well. probably why I spend more time reading and in the forest than on social media and forums. Everyone you meet has something to teach or that you can learn from. Fewer everyday seem to comprehend this.

Thanks for having me and thank you to those who actually answered questions or brought some verifiable knowledge and reasoning to the discussion, and thank you to those who brought anecdotal observations/opinions that both refuted and supported my own ideas.

Be well. enjoy your forum.

Yes, a rennisciance man who extolled on the value of recieved wisdom tempered by observation. I thought it appropriate.

I'm not sure why all the trollish responses and mocking, but I think it's related to a belief that asking questions makes you dumb.
I will always have more questions than answers, would not have it any other way.
I would encourage anyone who would care to become more intelligent, and capable to spend more time asking questions, even if you fear people will think you're an idiot. I've seen a large cross section of people and I can tell you there isn't anything more inverse to the truth.

I think a major difference with the trolls is they spout whatever they think they know or ought to know, but don't spend any time asking why they "know" that's true. To what extent their experimental knowledge is applicable and and what possibilities and knowledge they keep shut off from their own ability by thinking that what they or even we as a species know, is static.

But I do get a laugh out of those who are trying to insult me without knowing anything about who I am and what I've done or do. Implying that I can't drop trees or know anything about saws.

It can be humbling to ask questions instead of acting crass and above it all. I try to seek out those that can handle being humble and invest themselves into asking questions and avoid those who think they know, because most always: they don't know ****. Which is why I mostly lurk and ask questions and many questions I ask today, I will ask them again in the future. Our ability to solve, conceptualize, and evolve our technology and understanding is what sets us apart from apes. They can do group think and in group out group tribal bias bs just as well. probably why I spend more time reading and in the forest than on social media and forums. Everyone you meet has something to teach or that you can learn from. Fewer everyday seem to comprehend this.

Thanks for having me and thank you to those who actually answered questions or brought some verifiable knowledge and reasoning to the discussion, and thank you to those who brought anecdotal observations/opinions that both refuted and supported my own ideas.

Be well. enjoy your forum.
So what’s your plan? Return saw? Run it? Contact dealer and ask questions?

Unfortunately, Husqvarna's Biggest Weakness (at Least IMO) is their LACK of DEALERS since they started selling through Lowe's:(:buttkick:

I would LOVE to have a dealer that was less than a 2 hour drive each way worth supporting.

Madsen's in Centralia, WA is a GREAT dealer, that I get to stop in on my lunch sometimes(I am a Truck Driver) but that isn't the greatest solution, seeing I don't know more than a day at best, usually less, when I will be able to stop there.

Add to that the WA Sales tax, which in July, the State quit offering Sales Tax exemptions to out of state buyers, that adds over $90 to the price of a saw like a 395XP, for some of us online is our best option:(

Doug :cheers:

Doug check out Woods they have been real good to deal with as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug check out Woods they have been real good to deal with as well.

Thanks Skeans, I haven't been to Wood's, they're in Longview, WA aren't they?

Longview would be a little closer to home, but stihl the sales tax issue.

I give my local Stihl Dealer what business I can, and unfortunately, they USED to be a Husky dealer:(, Before the Lowe's debacle.

They give me Great service at Sandy Chainsaw, in you guessed it,............... Sandy, OR;), but I Stihl know and Like my Huskys better, so Tim grimaces whenever he hears I bought a new saw, and remind him that theirs are the wrong color;).

As much as I would like to have a Local dealer, my Huskys have been so reliable, that Service hasn't been much of an issue, especially since I learned to use only NON-Ethanol fuel in my saws, solved almost all my problems:)

Madsen's is AWESOME, and they are Great to deal with, it's just the distance and tax issues that keep me from buying a LOT more from them, I mentioned that Gresham, would be a Nice place for a second location, I don't want to completely Kill the great dealer I already have, in Sandy, but I do want the right color of saws;). They didn't seem like that was too likely:(:(, but keeping two dealers in business might have been a bit rough on my budget:)

Thanks Skeans, I haven't been to Wood's, they're in Longview, WA aren't they?

Longview would be a little closer to home, but stihl the sales tax issue.

I give my local Stihl Dealer what business I can, and unfortunately, they USED to be a Husky dealer:(, Before the Lowe's debacle.

They give me Great service at Sandy Chainsaw, in you guessed it,............... Sandy, OR;), but I Stihl know and Like my Huskys better, so Tim grimaces whenever he hears I bought a new saw, and remind him that theirs are the wrong color;).

As much as I would like to have a Local dealer, my Huskys have been so reliable, that Service hasn't been much of an issue, especially since I learned to use only NON-Ethanol fuel in my saws, solved almost all my problems:)

Madsen's is AWESOME, and they are Great to deal with, it's just the distance and tax issues that keep me from buying a LOT more from them, I mentioned that Gresham, would be a Nice place for a second location, I don't want to completely Kill the great dealer I already have, in Sandy, but I do want the right color of saws;). They didn't seem like that was too likely:(:(, but keeping two dealers in business might have been a bit rough on my budget:)

Doing commercial business so far we haven’t seen the sales tax go figure, yes Woods is in Longview as well as Sedro.

You know what maybe he’s on to something? Saws should look as good as they run...

I’m gonna get some bondo and start filling in the scratches I got from passing through some light brush carrying the saw. Gonna fill those in and sand it with some 2000 grit paper.
Then I’m gonna paint it with a nice primer, then sand it again with 10000 grit.
Paint and polish would be totally worth it.

But then it’s gonna get scratched again when I pull it out of the truck... hmmm well what would you guys recommend for a “cozy” for a saw?
No that won’t work cause the grease from the saw will stain that and I’ll have to wash it every time....

Damn

What if I just ran pure isopropyl alchohol instead of bar oil, then I could use the cozy and not get a stain on that...
I’ll have to bring my little cordless dirt devil too to get the wood chips off of the saw before it goes into its cozy. Maybe a small little brush attachment to go onto the dirt devil so it doesn’t scratch the fresh paint....
So you watched @chipper1 put his saws away?:laughing:

I wish I could create factory looking cross hatching like that...

This reminds me of one of the "which saw should I buy" threads. OP already had his mind made up before he posted.

Sure you can make that cross hatch. I jog the drill in, short burst slow rpm not wide open like 1/8 throttle. Then jog it out the same way. Just a light cross hatch.

My local dealer for new saws are brand new saws he takes them out of the box again new. Either him or one of his workers gasses and oils it then fires it up, adjusts the idle and one cut and off I go. He supplies all the local loggers too he buys 10 or 12 new saws at a clip.

Hey, Nothing wrong with wanting a Brand New Out of the Box saw to Look Good, or doing your Best to keep it looking Good.

I try to keep my saws looking nice, I even avoid leaving them in direct sunlight for extended periods when not using them, I have seen a LOT of older Huskys, mainly 2XX series I believe, that especially the Top Cover starts turning almost a Brown Color:baba:, I suspect that it is from UV Rays, but I Honestly don't know, my 28 year old "Old Reliable" 266XP hasn't had that issue yet, and I am trying to avoid that.

I USE my saws, but at the same time, I do not ABUSE them, with many new saws near, or over the $1,000 mark, I KNOW that I can't afford to Abuse them, I may have more then I NEED:confused:(Is that possible:confused::confused:) but I sure need to get the most Life out of them I can;)

My saws help heat my Home, and are a source of recreation as well for me, so they do Deserve a bit of TLC, Hey it's not like they are some clapped out Stihls;):laughing:

Don’t feel bad Brett, I lay a towel on the tailgate, it has a sprayed bed liner, when I fuel and oil to protect the clutch cover.
I don't feel bad, just some haters in the crowd :laugh:.
I cringe when I see guys offering a saw for sale and it's sitting on concrete, especially if theres a video of them starting it on the concrete :eek:.

Hey, Nothing wrong with wanting a Brand New Out of the Box saw to Look Good, or doing your Best to keep it looking Good.

I try to keep my saws looking nice, I even avoid leaving them in direct sunlight for extended periods when not using them, I have seen a LOT of older Huskys, mainly 2XX series I believe, that especially the Top Cover starts turning almost a Brown Color:baba:, I suspect that it is from UV Rays, but I Honestly don't know, my 28 year old "Old Reliable" 266XP hasn't had that issue yet, and I am trying to avoid that.

I USE my saws, but at the same time, I do not ABUSE them, with many new saws near, or over the $1,000 mark, I KNOW that I can't afford to Abuse them, I may have more then I NEED:confused:(Is that possible:confused::confused:) but I sure need to get the most Life out of them I can;)

My saws help heat my Home, and are a source of recreation as well for me, so they do Deserve a bit of TLC, Hey it's not like they are some clapped out Stihls;):laughing:

Mine are cleaned after every use, have their own shelf and get covered with an old bath towel. Same reasons for owning. Who would own a Stihl, they only look good for a week or so. :buttkick::lol:

Agree, would not even start your saws on concrete, asphalt or gravel.
Why thanks, I think :badpc:.
Mine are cleaned after every use, have their own shelf and get covered with an old bath towel. Same reasons for owning. Who would own a Stihl, they don't look good. :buttkick::lol:
Fixed it :rolleyes::D.

I just popped a new Echo out of the box, looked it over and fired it up. I was not thrilled with the build quality at first, but got over it quickly when I dropped it in the wood. Suspect it may have been a demo, but these were built for 2000hrs of service life, I suspect it would be fine.

Latest posts

Back