husqvarna 426xp upgrade for 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbazq271

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I have done alot of reading here and I have decided to put a 426xpNE on my 350. I know OEM is always best but I bought this 350 with a bad C/P for cheap, and I would like to get it to a 426xp without spending as much as a new one. I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with this E-Bay kit.

HUSQVARNA 346 xp 350 353 JONSERED 2150 2152 cylinder KIT chainsaw gasket | eBay

Thanks, Chad

The kit he is offering is for the 44mm piston which gives you the old 346 specs (I think) that being said the cylinder looks to be the correct closed port design and would probably hold up better than a oe 350 cylinder. The kit is probably from rotary or stens. my2c

Not to be rude but your thread title is all screwed up. When people see a screwed up title they just pass it by.

It should be something like "Upgrading Husqvarna 350 to 346 xp with after market P&C Kit"

There are sometimes modifications which must be made to get sufficient clearance with adding a 346 top end to a 350 but it can be done.

I'd find out who the after market manufacturer of that P&C is...it is nice that the guy is supplying some of the other intake parts

also make sure you know why the previous saw failed and if there is an air leak ensure that you address this.

Not to be rude but your thread title is all screwed up. When people see a screwed up title they just pass it by.

It should be something like "Upgrading Husqvarna 350 to 346 xp with after market P&C Kit"

There are sometimes modifications which must be made to get sufficient clearance with adding a 346 top end to a 350 but it can be done.

I'd find out who the after market manufacturer of that P&C is...it is nice that the guy is supplying some of the other intake parts

also make sure you know why the previous saw failed and if there is an air leak ensure that you address this.

lol, Yeah, I just noticed the wrong number in the title. Should be 346 not 426, sorry. I know I will have to clearance the body/case alittle to make the 346 cylinder fit. Also the fact the e-bay kit includes all the air intake parts is a plus. Changing all these parts along with the crank bearings and seals should fix any problem.

I haven't used his kit but he is a reputable seller. I have used the kits from kafar85. Just don't use the supplied circlips (junk cost me a wp P&C) use OEM circlips.
Shep

The 350 won't become a 346xp anyway, as that one has a verically split magnesium case, and a quick release top cover + a bracket to secure the muffler in place.

The kit he is offering is for the 44mm piston which gives you the old 346 specs (I think) that being said the cylinder looks to be the correct closed port design and would probably hold up better than a oe 350 cylinder. The kit is probably from rotary or stens. my2c

Actually, none of the 346xp versions used a 44mm bore, the old one was 42mm and the new one 44.3mm.

I would ask who made the P&C, and if it actually is 44.3mm, before I considered buying one! :msp_wink:

The 350 won't become a 346xp anyway, as that one has a verically split magnesium case, and a quick release top cover + a bracket to secure the muffler in place.

Yeah, I know they are two totally different saws. But by putting a 346xp cylinder and piston on the 350, you get a nice "cheap" upgraded 350. And sense I have to replace the topend anyway, its a no brainer. Thanks, Chad

Well I got the saw all torn down and cleaned. Looks like it was a lose carb boot, which caused it to run lean. I might be able to clean the cylinder up with a acid treatment, but I ordered that e-bay 346 kit anyway. I will let everyone know the quality of the kit when I get it. One question I have is , when I go to the 346xpNE topend, will the stock 350 carb work? Or should I get a 346xp carb or a different Bigger carb. Chad

Yeah, I know they are two totally different saws. But by putting a 346xp cylinder and piston on the 350, you get a nice "cheap" upgraded 350. And sense I have to replace the topend anyway, its a no brainer. Thanks, Chad

Surely it is a nice upgrade to put the 346xp P&C on the 350, provided it is as good as the OEM stuff. Narrow transfers and heavy pistons are quite common, as are imperfections. Quality varies a lot though, that's why it is important to know where the kit was made.

The carb should be fine, if it is in order - just be sure that you use the new version of the booth and clamp (metal clamp).

Well.......... I got the e-bay kit , I mentioned earlier in this post. All looked good when I first took it out of the box. The cylinder looked really good, nice open ports, no rough edges, just a real good cylinder. But, when I went to put the piston on the problem was found. I put one circlip in then mount the piston with the piston pin. When I went to put the other circlip on, I found that the piston pin was covering almost all of the circlip grove, preventing the clip to sit down in the grove and locking. Tried OEM circlips and the ones from the clip. Looks like the circlip grooves are machined to close together. So, right now the kit is unusable. Will go to my local Husqvarna dealer in the morning to see if a OEM 346xp Piston is indeed the same size as the AM one in this kit. If it is I will buy it and use the AM cylinder.

Its common on aftermarket cylinder from certain places. Just re-use the piston pin from your 350, and have at it!

I tried the original pin too. Same thing, covers to much of the grove. Anyone know any place that would have a 346xpNE piston kit in stock.

Latest posts

Back