Husqvarna 44 cylinder on a 140s. open port cylinder on a closed port case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a husqvarna 140s with a scored piston and cylinder. I found a used 44 cylinder for sale. The 44 cylinder looks the same except a bigger bore. The stroke on the two saws are the same. Can I put the 44 cylinder on my saw. I do understand that I may have to notch the case to get the bigger piston to clear.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or someone has a used 240S cylinder with the same bore size. Which I believe is the same cylinder. If I go that route, can I use a husqvarna 141 piston with that cylinder? The bore is the same on a 141.

I just bought the 44 cylinder but i think i messed up. It looks like it may be ported differently. Does anyone know if this will be a problem?
44 cylinder
Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 7.07.21 PM.png

140S cylinder

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 7.08.08 PM.png

the old Husqvarna 140sg, 240SG, 340SG, 44, 444, are very closely related. the cylinders-piston kit's should interchange. and cylinder kit from 244rx should also fit.
I do have some cylinder's in my country-side home. if i go there i can look what exactly.
And i have done some swaps. even tried(three times) an 250rx and 252rx brushcutter cylinder kits on with 254xp ignition coil and hda-120 carburettor, that was a fun little saw with these modifications, but sadly the clutch-side main-bearing does intend to fail/break on these frankensteins creations. Added picture is the 252rx C&P swap.

Attachments

• 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 28
the old Husqvarna 140sg, 240SG, 340SG, 44, 444, are very closely related. the cylinders-piston kit's should interchange. and cylinder kit from 244rx should also fit.
I do have some cylinder's in my countriside home. if i go there i can look what exactly.
And i have done some swaps. even tried(three times) an 250rx and 252rx brushcutter cylinder kits on with 254xp ignition coil and hda-120 carburettor, that was a fun little saw with these modifications, but sadly the clutch-side main-bearing does intend to fail/break on these frankensteins creations. Added picture is the 252rx C&P swap.

Interesting! I found the correct cylinder for $20 shipped and I bought it. I haven’t done anything yet, but I do have one of those 250 or 252 brush cutters with a good cylinder and piston. Hmm...

Interesting! I found the correct cylinder for $20 shipped and I bought it. I haven’t done anything yet, but I do have one of those 250 or 252 brush cutters with a good cylinder and piston. Hmm...

and if i remeber correctly crankcases needed some minor modifications to fit the 250/252rx kit's on them, but nothing big, some dremeling/milling. this swap will give more dispalcement and power :D

the list what my "puppy" had, to make it run that time (5 years back):
254XP hda-120 carburettor
254XP intake manifold, gaskets, bolts
254XP ignition coil, modified bolt holes (note! may use the original aswell, i did that, because no healthy one was around)
254XP shortened fueltank valve kit
252RX cylinder(45mm)
252RX cylinder gasket
252RX heat shield behind the muffler
345FR kill-switch
Jonsered 2054 piston (CP windowed, 45mm allmost the same as 252rx, but the piston-ring-pin in different place)

and did some muffler-mod molestation aswell drilled holes and so on...

and if i remeber correctly crankcases needed some minor modifications to fit the 250/252rx kit's on them, but nothing big, some dremeling/milling. this swap will give more dispalcement and power :D

the list what my "puppy" had, to make it run that time (5 years back):
254XP hda-120 carburettor
254XP intake manifold, gaskets, bolts
254XP ignition coil, modified bolt holes (note! may use the original aswell, i did that, because no healthy one was around)
254XP shortened fueltank valve kit
252RX cylinder(45mm)
252RX cylinder gasket
252RX heat shield behind the muffler
345FR kill-switch
Jonsered 2054 piston (CP windowed, 45mm allmost the same as 252rx, but the piston-ring-pin in different place)

and did some muffler-mod molestation aswell drilled holes and so on...

Very interesting, I check into a 44 that if for sale and make a saw out of it.

Latest posts

Back