Husqvarna 44 worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a new used carb in her, and is working better.

Only problem is. Once Its warmed up after a few trees, its idle goes up and down till it stalls. It seems to idle fine forever if you don't work her a little. It can idle for maybe 30 seconds till it acts up after a light workout.

Suggestions?

PS. It the old one with the blue coil.
Has it been cleaned inside? Mine did the same thing. I took the recoil cover off and it was pack with oily dust. So i took it all apart, detail cleaned everything, and it runs like a scalded dog now.

Only problem is. Once Its warmed up after a few trees, its idle goes up and down till it stalls. It seems to idle fine forever if you don't work her a little. It can idle for maybe 30 seconds till it acts up after a light workout.
Unstable idle is a tell tale sign of a crankcase air leak, especially common in an old saw as rubber seals and such degrade over time. Left unresolved you'll burn up the saw due to overheating caused by a too lean mixture.

44's are as Arod said almost bulletproof and cut way above 42mm. I have 8-9 of em 7 white tops and 2 grey tops. The only ym to stay away from is 1980 has a blue coil only used one year and I have never seen one for sale. If you ever need parts for your 44 contact me I may have it.
Shep
I need a fuel tank vent (2 pieces) for a 1981-84 model 44. Part number 501825501 and 501080380. Do you have these parts?

Latest posts

Back