Husqvarna 440 bogs before warmed up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tec498

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it normal for a saw to bog if revved after it has just been started. After I start my 440 it bogs down if I try to rev it even just a little. It also emits a lot of smoke from the muffler. If you wait a minute to warm up it's fine. The saw has had no more than 5 tanks of gas through it. It didn't do this at first. Does the carb just need to be slightly re-tuned after break in? Other than that it's been a really nice, extremely light saw with plenty of power to handle all the smaller stuff.

maybe

I have a 435, same engine ASFAIK, had to adjust carburetor for better performance.
I let any saw or gas engine warm before load. The tool for carburetor adjustment
on the splined knob screws is 530035560, set when warm, it will probably work
better when cold too.

Is it normal for a saw to bog if revved after it has just been started. After I start my 440 it bogs down if I try to rev it even just a little. It also emits a lot of smoke from the muffler. If you wait a minute to warm up it's fine. The saw has had no more than 5 tanks of gas through it. It didn't do this at first. Does the carb just need to be slightly re-tuned after break in? Other than that it's been a really nice, extremely light saw with plenty of power to handle all the smaller stuff.

Completely normal. Just wait a few seconds for it to warm up.

Latest posts

Back