Husqvarna 445 Idles Like it's at Full Throttle after carb change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCOLC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Swapped the Zama carb out on my Husky 445 for a new (identical) one because of hard start issues. Started after a couple of pulls but she ran fast. REALLY FAST. Like I had her at WOT. I actually had trouble shutting it down with the choke button. Linkage is fine. Throttle cable is fine. Idle screw is backed out all the way. Impulse hose is good and is attached. Carb is properly seated against the gasket and screws are tight. Nothing is binding. What the heck am I missing? Many thanks!

Since it's a new carb that never entered my mind - but it should have! Will check it as soon as I have the opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion!

Your throttle lever shaft may be bent and sticking open. That's about the only way its going to run like that unless you didn't blip the throttle to disengage the high speed idle after releasing the choke.

Has to be your throttle cable that is dislodged from the correct position at the throttle trigger or at throttle shaft itself. Or your carb is not correctly seated on your intake flange causing major air leak. As CJ said,maybe your fast idle doesnt disengage too.With saw stopped,does the the throttle lever touches the idle adj screw and after you blipped few times,does it come back to the the stop ?

If the strato air valve is not shutting all the way the idle will be raised.

Back