Husqvarna 445 needs a new handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemiMoparGuy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking for some help finding a source for a new handle (like where the trigger is and all part of gas tank, etc) for my dad's Husky 445. It get left where it was crunched by a truck tire. I found a part number from the ipl, but can't find one anywhere on google, just other ipl's pop up. I'll go to the stealership tomorrow to get a price, don't think I'm gonna like it...So, a secondary question is, do you know what models share that handle, so I can try to find the best deal on ebay for a blown up saw or damaged in another way that I can buy for parts? Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank You in Advance,
Eric

Thanks for the replies, after some digging and getting creative with wording in google, I was able to stumble upon what I needed. I have now had time to disassemble the saw to see for sure everything I need. The plastic is barely cracked, I think it can be epoxied up and be fine...but the trigger assembly is damaged. Now, I found the parts for the trigger and are very readily available, so obviously they sell...I can't figure out how to split the tank/handle in half to install the trigger assembly. I found an area I can slide a screwdriver way up at the front of the handle/tank, but I start barely prying and the plastic feels so flimsy and is bending at the seam. I imagine it's glued/sealed as it is a fuel tank, and I see no screws anywhere holding it together. Is there a trick to splitting these tanks and reassembling them?

AWESOME, that's exactly what I needed, it looks very similar to the saw I am working on. Kinda wish I saw this before I got the tank and handle all removed, Oh well, at least everything will get a good cleaning during reassembly. Thank you...I rarely go without a good answer from here, that's why I love this place

Thnaks Again!!!

Back