Husqvarna 445 X Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcirre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought a 445 as a parts saw but decided to repair and run it. Having zero luck getting this thing running. New Carb(dry tuned 1.5 H/L), new lines, air/fuel filter, new plug with good spark, rubber necks not torn nor have holes, piston is good and compressing at 170. Sure I’m missing something but I’m at a stand still. Crank seals look good but I’m leaning towards replacing them and/or the ignition module. Maybe a bad switch even though I’ve got spark!? Thanks in advance.

Check the clam shell areas, they tend to leak at times. I would say if you have spark it shouldn't be a spark issue, also it seems sometimes the fuel lines get switched around as well.

Check the clam shell areas, they tend to leak at times. I would say if you have spark it shouldn't be a spark issue, also it seems sometimes the fuel lines get switched around as well.
I’m assuming you’re referring to the area of cylinder where it meets the housing? Not really sure what your referencing, sorry. I know this model is considered a clam shell design.

The sides of the case where it bolts together, the cran seals are hold in by it. They can sometimes leak where they are sealed. Have you pressure tested the saw? Would help narrow down leaks.

The sides of the case where it bolts together, the cran seals are hold in by it. They can sometimes leak where they are sealed. Have you pressure tested the saw? Would help narrow down leaks.
Assumed that was the area. And no, unfortunately I don’t have access to one to test it. Was trying to start small and work through it. It’s only about 3 years old and in great condition. Had intended it for parts but I’d rather work it if I can figure this out! I’ll look into that area. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back