Husqvarna 50 - Braking band

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We have a Husqvarna 50, S/N 9150724, that has broken the braking band. Evidently this part is no longer available from Husqvarna. Since this a saw at work, we cannot use without working chain brake. It would be a shame to have to get rid of a fine saw just because of this. Husky says part # 501764801. Husq50BrakingBand.jpg

According to Husqvarna that does not show as being compatible with my 50. Who knows?

According to Husqvarna that does not show as being compatible with my 50. Who knows?

Do you have a photo of your saw? I have a 50 built in 86 and one built in early 90. They use the same clutch cover/chain brake as a 51 and 55. You can get after market parts on eBay cheap.

If i remember correctly , the newer brake will work, but the outlet for muffler is a problem as it will melt brake handle.
you may have to change to 51/55 muffler and front bracket for it not to melt cb lever?

Gosh...they seemed to have sold a gazillion of these saws. I can't imagine changing out a bunch of parts to use a newer band, or tig welding the old one, will be necessary.

Shop hard for the correct used band.

Latest posts

Back