Husqvarna 545mk2 wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvrDwn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This saw is about a year old with only about a cords worth of wood put through it. I can get the saw to start if I have the throttle wide open. Once the saw runs for a minute I can start it easily until it cools down again. I have let the saw idle for 4 minutes and held it wide open in wood for a minute. I was hoping hoping the auto tune would correct whatever is going on but it didn't. What should I look for to fix this?

Thanks.

Is choke closing properly? fresh mix? cut along a 6ft long piece of wood at full throttle 2-3inch deep the length of log with a sharp chain at constant pressure to soft reset auto tune

If it’s only a year old take it to the dealer that you bought it from so they can hook it up to the CST. If the fuel settings are wrong they can do a reset and firmware update. If that don’t work then possibly a carb replacement with firmware update. Either way the saw is still under warranty for 2 years. At my shop I do this all the time for 5 series saws.

I went to a shop and talked to the guys about it and on the very first pull, no choke or anything it fired right up.. I was astonished. The guy said to not use the primer bulb as it may be flooding it even though I only pumped it 3 or 4 times. I've yet to try it again without priming it. I'll try to find time to run it soon and verify that the priming was actually flooding it.

You can push the purge bulb 1000 times and it won’t flood the saw. All the purge bulb is doing is circulating fuel through the carb and back into the fuel tank. None of that fuel ends up in the crank case or cylinder. Now if the needle was stuck open from a hard diaphragm or the metering lever was set too high then the carb would flood the saw.

You can push the purge bulb 1000 times and it won’t flood the saw. All the purge bulb is doing is circulating fuel through the carb and back into the fuel tank. None of that fuel ends up in the crank case or cylinder. Now if the needle was stuck open from a hard diaphragm or the metering lever was set too high then the carb would flood the saw.
That was my understanding as well but I didn't argue with him about it. Though oddly enough the saw just started the first pull like it did at the shop 2 days ago. So it seems that priming it does cause an issue for some reason.

That was my understanding as well but I didn't argue with him about it. Though oddly enough the saw just started the first pull like it did at the shop 2 days ago. So it seems that priming it does cause an issue for some reason.
I would definitely check the fuel lines for snugness and no pin holes or wear. Even if the wear mark doesn’t show a hole, it can still leak fuel enough to cause issues.

I'd be going back and getting them to put another carb on it. It's not a primer system, it's an air purge system. As mentioned above you can press it till your blue in the face and it should never effect fuel going into the engine.

Back