Husqvarna 55 starts and stalls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
bought this saw as part of a job lot. I’ve sorted out various problems with bits missing etc. anyway, got to fire up time and she starts and stalls. Took the carb apart and cleaned it looks ok. still exhibits same symptoms. Checked fuel line, tank breather still Same issue. will Do a pressure vac test tomorrow to check the inlet boot and seals before ordering a carb repair kit. just wondered if anyone new of problems with this particular saw?

+1 for pressure and vac test before buying parts.

I assume you have set the carb to factory settings.

After the P&V test, a carb kit would be next on my list.

I have only run a Husky 50 which came to me as a basket case. It is a first-rate saw and didn't even need a carb kit to run well...just fuel line, and such.

Roy

Starts and dies. just pressure tested slight leak at the bottom of the carb where the impulse hole is on the gasket …could just be my carb testing block not sealing here. Anyway I think a carb repair kit is next?
fuel line is good .btw

Is the carb OEM? I won't pretend to know which, Zama or Walbro, was originally on the 55.
Usually, with what you described I find that the micro screen is dirty and or the metering diaphragm is stiff.

Is the carb OEM? I won't pretend to know which, Zama or Walbro, was originally on the 55.
Usually, with what you described I find that the micro screen is dirty and or the metering diaphragm is stiff.
The carb is a Zama c1q made in China don’t know if that’s Oem …the china bit anyway. I did remove the micro screen but didn’t clean it ,duh. Always worried about blowing it across the workshop ..gone forever.
not sure what the the full repair kit code is?

Starts and dies. just pressure tested slight leak at the bottom of the carb where the impulse hole is on the gasket …could just be my carb testing block not sealing here. Anyway I think a carb repair kit is next?
fuel line is good .btw

Yes...I would get the full OEM kit...not just the gasket/diaphragm kit. Not an after-market kit.

The carb is a Zama c1q made in China don’t know if that’s Oem …the china bit anyway. I did remove the micro screen but didn’t clean it ,duh. Always worried about blowing it across the workshop ..gone forever.
not sure what the the full repair kit code is?

The Zama carbs are made in china.

I just had an Echo hedge trimmer doing the same thing! It was the duck bill check valve that was inside that little white plastic piece inside the aircleaner box. And something I see on a regular basis is guys doing a carb kit and never even knew about the two small holes, one on each side of the throttle plate! They are always on the same side as the Low end High jets, and it doesn't take a very big piece of debris stuck in them to make the cuss words flow from the end of your tongue my friend! 😉

Back. New repair kit arrived same issue starts stops then nothing. Anyway I cleaned the coil and reset the gap and it ticked over for a few seconds then nothing. Took the plug out and grounded it on the cylinder - no spark…let it cool down pulled it over again- big fat blue spark put it back in fired and stopped did this a frustrating amount of times and have concluded this could be a faulty coil?
Coils are relatively cheap AM not too worried about longevity or is EOM advisable?

I've had way to many aftermarket coils die.Some times you luck out some times you don't, why take a chance go oem.As you probably aready know you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back