Husqvarna 55 tank vent cap or filter?what to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the woolfe man

the woolfe man

ArboristSite Operative
Hi
I have a 55 rancher I am working on.
Did a test pressure test on the fuel tank, nothing did not pressurize.
Took tank vent out no white cap or filter in end of plastic tube.
Got another one from another 55 parts saw. Had a look had cap in it or filter or whatever it is called.
Took to it with air compressor thought id give it a clean.Was trying to be gentle and had hand ready to catch cap but away it went flying through the air at some ridiculous speed so its somewhere in the garage grrrrr silly me.Should of had a rag ready for the cap to come out.

So that's my story.
Now the questions Is there anything i could use instead of buying the little cap?
Looks like in order to get the cap I have to buy a whole assemble and of course as usual cant find any in Australia not new, maybe a second hand one but that will take a while.
To buy from the usa its something like http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50187310...543008&hash=item1c195b4c3a:g:ttgAAOSwA3dYZnwM

Thats not what I want to do. I can find a cheaper one but it will still cost me 25 dollars pluss i need two now if I'm going to fix the parts saw.

So how important are these little caps filters ?

Can I use a modifided screw or some other material?

dougand3

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
You can put a screw in black tube but when clutch side down, you will get leakage.
A duckbill valve would work, if it proper diameter. I'd try a Homelite one - larger than a Poulan duckbill.