Husqvarna 550XP idle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Accorsing to one dealer who is veru experienced with this issue the best fix is to pull the carb off, pull the butterfly plate out and slighty open the existing hole or use a dremel and trim the corner of the half moon opening. I'm sure I will catch a great deal of **** for this but I promise you it will work. Take a little at a time until it idles without stalling. It's a 10 min job and beats having to send the saw back.
Do you have this dealers personal contact info I’d like to speak to him first hand . My 545 has the latest at7b carb revision an is acting up in the same exact way as mentioned above. I also work for a dealer an would like to compare notes as far as trying to get this issue sorted out, if he’s not comfortable talking could you please verify which of the 3 notched half moon holes in the throttle plate need enlarged the two on top? Or the individual one the bottom or all 3 combined. Your help an his expertise is greatly appriciated, I hate to be a parts changer an just replace the entire carb when the issue can be found an the existing carb be repaired beings it is one of the later updated models to begin with.

Accorsing to one dealer who is veru experienced with this issue the best fix is to pull the carb off, pull the butterfly plate out and slighty open the existing hole or use a dremel and trim the corner of the half moon opening. I'm sure I will catch a great deal of **** for this but I promise you it will work. Take a little at a time until it idles without stalling. It's a 10 min job and beats having to send the saw back.
I have had great success doing this, it definitely works 👍

Latest posts

Back