• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Husqvarna 550xp with flippy caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every Husq guy is excited for the 572xp but for those of us that bleed red...... we will have to wait 1-2 yrs after to get our saw.:(

They don't fit what I want in a work saw. My dad likes the 50cc class and the auto tune would be peace of mind for me. The 550 is a $100 cheaper than a 261 so that's why I was considering one of them.

Funny how things are in different markets. Here in the Great White North it's the 261 that's about $100 cheaper than a 550xp.

For anyone up my way looking to get a 550xp, $460 USD is a steal even with out plummeting dollar.

Funny how things are in different markets. Here in the Great White North it's the 261 that's about $100 cheaper than a 550xp.

For anyone up my way looking to get a 550xp, $460 USD is a steal even with out plummeting dollar.

yeh, and with the fed's notice that interest rates are going to start going up in the near future, the dollars' days may be numbered.
I just bought a 261 and ran it last weekend for the first time. After running my 029 for the last 20yrs. ? I can't say enough good things about it. :)

Best 3 cube class saw of all time

qahy3ure.jpg

Hey that pic looks familiar.:D

I guess I'm in the 3.5% as I've ran stock and modded 346's and didn't like 'em. Yeah they're fast, but not my bag baby. I'd rather grab a 61-72cc saw for most of the cutting I do, with the little 34-41cc saws covering the little **** and the 77-87cc saws handling the rest (except for the odd job that requires a BIG saw). My 3.3-3.5ci saws (including that purdy XL-12) just sit on the shelf nowadays...

lol...l wish they had the lower air filter like the 390. Everyone says they are one smoooooth saw. l wonder if it has the HD air filter? l'd NEED one of them.

The filter setup is very similar on the 390 and 576. The 576 is just a one piece top cover.

The filter setup is very similar on the 390 and 576. The 576 is just a one piece top cover.

Yeah the actual filter setup may be similar, but l don't like the 'looks' of how the cover is so boofy & high opposed to say a 550/562. lt would not stop me from buying one but just saying... The 372xp is similar.

There was a 576xpg for sale with a lower cover, never seen one before. I kinda like my Shriners hat top cover.

No 562s at the moment, from my experience they are a hard sell compared to the 50cc class saws, even harder than the 70cc saws.

Caleb,
Thanks for delivering the 550XP yesterday. I did the initial Autotune adjustment & ran the first tank through it this morning after work. It ran flawlessly & already seems as strong as my 3 yr old 346XP. The only issue is going to be finding another Sugihara to put back on the 346XP.

image.jpg image.jpg

Nice looking pile of wood, how good are those bars anyway?
Not sure how good they are but they look good.
Apparently the closest I'll get to getting another will be 18" .050 from Weedeaterman in May which sucks because I've got a bunch of Stihl RS 16" .058. Might look at the Total Super Pro bars. Thanks again for the saw, I'm very happy with it.

I got a nice Oregon 16 " power match with replaceable tip in .058 I would let go for $20.

I got a nice Oregon 16 " power match with replaceable tip in .058 I would let go for $20.
Thanks for the offer but I was able to locate a couple 16" .058 Total Super Bars this morning & ordered an 18" in case they dry up like the Sugihara supply did.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back