Husqvarna 555 or 576 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get the 555 you will lay awake at night thinking about 576. Every time you run the 555 you will think about how much stronger the 576 would have been. I doubt that when that 576 is cutting through 30" hardwood without breaking a sweat, you would think about how much lighter the 555 would have been. just say'n.

I hate regretting purchases.

The 95cc is still with the chimp, unless he's shipped it. The 60cc should be in there I agree. And there's a 50cc with Jacob J too.

To the original Q.

Get the 576, if it doesn't suit, you'll get your money back at that price on a saw in good condition. It's like a no risk trial really.

Ah, didnt put it together. I traded the 2095 to Randy for some port work. It is a fantastic runner. I only used it twice since he rebuilt it and ported it for me (overkill for what I cut). Id say he put more gas thru it at the gtg then I ever did.

Since I bought a 562 my 576 autotune sits in the back of the truck. I like the 562 so much I went out and bought another one with heated handles. Run a 24" bar on the 562 with 72jg chain.

The 562 xp would be great too, but it will cost me $700.

576 xp it is!

Well, pulled the trigger on the 576 xp. Ran a full tank of gas through it and loved it. Plenty of power. Will be getting an 18" or 20" bar for the small/medium stuff.

Any recommendations on a bar? I was going to go with an Oregon or something basic.

Also, had another question about the break in period. Typically how many tanks of gas until the rings properly seat?

Thanks again for all of the advice everyone. This forum has been very helpful.

Dan

View attachment 290232View attachment 290233

Hey, thanks for letting us all know what you decided, and thanks for including the pics. You are a fast learner (pics or didnt happen:msp_smile:).
I am certain you will not be disappointed in the 576XP. Makes me want one just seeing the pretty pictures.
Welcome to the site, by the way, and I sent some new saw rep your way!!!!!:clap:

Ron

Well, pulled the trigger on the 576 xp. Ran a full tank of gas through it and loved it. Plenty of power. Will be getting an 18" or 20" bar for the small/medium stuff.

Great choice. I'd stick with the 20" bar; the 18 incher won't balance well on the 576 and won't provide enough load for a 70cc class motor. I run a 20" bar on my MS440 and wouldn't want to go smaller; the 576xp has more cc's and more power.

Also, had another question about the break in period. Typically how many tanks of gas until the rings properly seat?

I've heard a range of opinions from 25 tanks to 7 1/2 gallons. Takes a long time. Use the best grade of mix oil you can buy; Stihl Ultra or equal.

now ya need a set of real dogs on that bad boy. never understood those slick tree coon dogs that come on it. baileys has a set on sale for like 15.99 and i'm here to tell ya. world of difference on a tree with med. to heavy bark.

loco

now ya need a set of real dogs on that bad boy. never understood those slick tree coon dogs that come on it. baileys has a set on sale for like 15.99 and i'm here to tell ya. world of difference on a tree with med. to heavy bark.

loco

I never cared for the bigger bucking spikes, but I did think that saw would come with the outer spike in stock form. I would definitely look into getting the outer bucking spike for it. As far as break in time, probably lookin at 10 to 20 tanks.

Ron

Im glad you got the bigger saw for the price you couldn't beat it. I bought a Stihl 460 Magnum and a 650 Magnum. :msp_wub: Why? Because I got both of them for smoking deals. Did I ever need to use a saw that big often? The answer is no. However since the aftermath of hurricane sandy, I've been cutting up some monster oaks, am I glad I bought them? Hell Yes! :rock: Have I complained about the weight after using it all day? Of course, but hey it makes your stronger and manlier. I run a 20", 25", and 28" bars on them. I either need to get a 36" bar or a larger saw? :rock: We will let CAD decide... As it is, I decided I needed a smaller saw and bought myself a birthday present which will be here next week :msp_wub:

Great deal on a new saw though!

Any recommendations on a bar? I was going to go with an Oregon or something basic.

Thanks again for all of the advice everyone. This forum has been very helpful.

Dan

View attachment 290232View attachment 290233

Oh my you stole that thing! I concur with everyone else. I wouldn't put anything less than a 20" bar on that size of a saw. I personally wouldn't even go less than a 24", but I digress. The reasons are the same as everyone else, balance and not enough load for the motor. Congratz on a great saw though!

I wanted to follow up with everyone on here who steered me in the right direction. The 576xp has been a beast and made short work of the 10 cords of firewood I've cut up this year. Here a couple pics of a huge white oak that I cut up in October. The saw has a 24" bar on it by the way.

I am in the market for another saw now as well, as the need for a smaller limbing saw is apparent. Any suggestions for a 40-50 cc saw?

Attachments

• 20131018_145337_resized.jpg
    20131018_145337_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20131018_145347_resized.jpg
    20131018_145347_resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
I am in the market for another saw now as well, as the need for a smaller limbing saw is apparent. Any suggestions for a 40-50 cc saw?

I'm pretty sure the majority is going to recommend the 346XP NE or OE if you can find a nice used one. If you're looking for a brand new saw... 550XP

...I am in the market for another saw now as well, as the need for a smaller limbing saw is apparent. Any suggestions for a 40-50 cc saw?
Husky 346xp because of light weight, power, reliability and handling. 550xp only if the dealer swears he can straighten it out if it starts to behave badly.

Latest posts

Back