Husqvarna 562xp life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know the average lifespan for the average stihl in the woods? Just curious...i would say the 362 lifespan since its the closest to the 562 but we all know its garbage. But id imagine its better than 6 months lol.
Sorry 6 months was for the 2012/13/14 build 562xps the new ones have a lifespan of about a year which from what i hear is more or less the same as the 362. I am not very familiar with Stihl but what i have heard from a lot of pros is that the ms 362 doesn't have near the longevity as the old ms 361.

Depends on the model, making a blanket statement like that is silly. Plenty of Stihl models, like the 362, had plenty of their own problems, it happens, how the manufacture deals with it is what matters. Husqvarna did not handle the 550 and 562 debacle well at all.

The 562 and 550 were total garbage early on and have gone through many improvements. The 550 has actually been totally redesigned. While many say the newest 562's are now reliable I have my doubts, it's just not that robust of a design, and it still has a hard time dealing with heat properly. Fact is the 550 and 562 were/are flawed designs IMHO. The new 572 is so far proving to be extremely reliable and durable.

Not hating on husqvarna at all. Have yet to run a 572. I run them both and like them both..but for me stihl has been more reliable.. And i know all to well about the oe 550, i think that is probably the saw that skewed my opinion on them. The mark 2 does look promising..

Not hating on husqvarna at all. Have yet to run a 572. I run them both and like them both..but for me stihl has been more reliable.. And i know all to well about the oe 550, i think that is probably the saw that skewed my opinion on them. The mark 2 does look promising..

Again it all depends on the model. The 3 series saws were generally good saws especially the 346, 357, 372 and the 395 is a tank. I love the 385/390 but they've had a few issues here and there, mostly an undersized big end bearing, running more oil pretty much eliminated the failures, but most didn't know to do that. The 2 series saws were mostly bulletproof tanks.

No doubt Stihl makes fine saws, but they're not alone.

Again it all depends on the model. The 3 series saws were generally good saws especially the 346, 357, 372 and the 395 is a tank. I love the 385/390 but they've had a few issues here and there, mostly an undersized big end bearing, running more oil pretty much eliminated the failures, but most didn't know to do that. The 2 series saws were mostly bulletproof tanks.

No doubt Stihl makes fine saws, but they're not alone.

Got 346s still making money.. They truly have been legendary.

Well the sob wouldnt start half the time, went to the shop multiple times. Never got fixed.. I do most my own work on my saws all the way up to rebuild, but autotune is out of my league.

Bad carbs, poor QC, bad design, and incompetent dealers always thinking the issue was with the autotune, it almost never was. A vac test to make sure she was air tight, and a new carb would have likely fixed the saw. I'm not a fan of the 550 because of these problems, but man when they run are they're sweet saws. finely got this one running correctly, it's a little monster.

Bad carbs, poor QC, bad design, and incompetent dealers always thinking the issue was with the autotune, it almost never was. A vac test to make sure she was air tight, and a new carb would have likely fixed the saw. I'm not a fan of the 550 because of these problems, but man when they run are they're sweet saws. finely got this one running correctly, it's a little monster.

I truly loved it when it was running. She was def a ripper.

I bet you that the 372 non x torq is still far more durable, I have yet to see a strato saw that matches its non strato counterpart in reliability

So far it's looking like the 572 will be at least as durable, I believe that seeing how robust it's built, like a 90cc saw.

So far it's looking like the 572 will be at least as durable, I believe that seeing how robust it's built, like a 90cc saw.
Maybe better bottom end durability but the top end has to have sloppier tolerances to cope with the temperature difference between the fresh air charge on the transfers of the piston and the combustion gases on the top of the piston.

Maybe better bottom end durability but the top end has to have sloppier tolerances to cope with the temperature difference between the fresh air charge on the transfers of the piston and the combustion gases on the top of the piston.

Is this know fact or an assumption? The weak point with strato saws seems to be the bottom end, do to the extra weigh of the strato piston, which I attribute to just poor design. I also haven't seen any sloppy piston to cylinder clearances on the husky saws, quite the opposite actually. The lack of fuel/oil moving through the engine is of some concern as well, but I run more oil so that isn't an issue.

To me most of this comes down to the fact people are always leery of the new, if that happens to coincide with cost cutting, poor design and poor QC, off the wall theories start to get thrown around, instead of excepting the simple truths.:cheers:

There is another forum with a tread about how the 572 is holding up in the real world, so far 1 million board foot on a 572 and it's doing just fine.

I have the Jred version of the 550 with a modded muffler and running good gas and oil it has been a beast , I also have a 362 Stihl I never pick up because because the Jred is so friggin handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this know fact or an assumption?
Hotsaws101 on YouTube said it. He noted that strato saws have distinct horizontal wear patens on the piston which he thinks is caused by a very small sideways vibration of the piston because of the sloppy tolerance and uneven heating of the piston. He hates strato saws and calls them controlled air leak saws.

Would be interesting to know how many hours you see them fail with, like the OP was asking about. Since you infer you have.
All of the ones I built are the older 2012 and 2013 models. When the one I use every day does finally go down I will take it in to be hooked up and see just how many hours it has on it. Im curious too.

I sure do hope the new ones stay to together. I have been a Husqvarna fan my whole life. Just bought a new 562xp
After reading this I am glad I kept my 261.
20200105_203550.jpg

Back