Husqvarna 575 cylinder Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushswamper523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am currently doing a top end on a 575. I bought a meteor top end but it doesn't have the impulse nipple. Is there a way to remove the original or should it br on the meteor jug? I tried pulling the old one out but I am starting to mess it up so I stopped. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221115_111948.jpg
    20221115_111948.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221115_111940.jpg
    20221115_111940.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221115_111934.jpg
    20221115_111934.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
The old cylinder is junk, cut the nipple out. It's likely a press fit with some sort of loctite on it. Heat could help with the press and any sealant, but just cutting it out would be the simple solution.

I am currently doing a top end on a 575. I bought a meteor top end but it doesn't have the impulse nipple. Is there a way to remove the original or should it br on the meteor jug? I tried pulling the old one out but I am starting to mess it up so I stopped. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like an impulse pipe should be there. Contact the seller.
Here's a sample:
https://www.hlsproparts.com/Meteor-Husqvarna-570-575XP-cylinder-assembly-p/mcc2577.htm

Just curious: what is the correct way to insert/secure this pipe? Warm top end + pipe out the freezer and let it shrink in? Or just pressing it into the hole?

(Hope my English isn't too funny because I'm from Germany and i'm trying top do it myself without deepl ;-) )
Jan

Alright so I am going through the process of getting it refunded due to it being the sellers last one. I will order another once I get through all the returns and stuff thanks for the info guys. If I was a saw for me I would press one in but since it won't be my saw, I don't want any issues. I look at my stuff regularly and I would notice if something is starting to look different but I am not sure

Just curious: what is the correct way to insert/secure this pipe? Warm top end + pipe out the freezer and let it shrink in? Or just pressing it into the hole?

(Hope my English isn't too funny because I'm from Germany and i'm trying top do it myself without deepl ;-) )
Jan
If that nipple is with tread like suggested in post #5.....then be sure that it is also glued (glue on the threads).....

Loctite or similar types will decomposite/loosen with heat......so if you want to loosen them, just heat them up a little with a "brenner" ;)

Dont have cure for press-fit ones...

Back