Husqvarna 61 vs Jonsered 625

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cc firefighter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm just doing a little research. Does anyone know if there is a difference between a Husqvarna 61 and a Jonsered 625. From what I've came up with so far is that the branding and color are different.

I believe there are other small differences as well, but they surely are "corresponding" models. In addition, there were different versions of both, as time went by.

There are some experts on here, I hope they turn up!

Last edited:
Power wise they are too close to tell the difference. As far as swapping parts go, you have to be very careful. If you have a specific quesion, there are many here who can answer.

Power wise they are too close to tell the difference. As far as swapping parts go, you have to be very careful. If you have a specific quesion, there are many here who can answer.

I believe there are other small differences as well, but they surely are "corresponding" models. In addition, there were different versions of both, as time went by.

There are some experts on here, I hope they turn up!

LOL!! The experts have already answered!! I can't add much other than to say that bigest difference between the two is the cyl and impulse setup/intake manifold. But as Niko said there were changes to both over the yrs so in order to be more specific you would have to ask specific questions. As far as power goes it's pretty much even between the two as Eric said.

LOL!! The experts have already answered!! I can't add much other than to say that bigest difference between the two is the cyl and impulse setup/intake manifold. But as Niko said there were changes to both over the yrs so in order to be more specific you would have to ask specific questions. As far as power goes it's pretty much even between the two as Eric said.

Two experts have been here! :msp_thumbsup:

Robin, it seems that you know a thing or two about Jonsered(s) saws :msp_thumbup:.

LOL....I know some about the ones I own but not so much about the newer stuff I'm to cheap to buy!!!

The 625/630/670 Jred and the corrisponding 61 thru 272XP series I really like so have the ones in my sig plus a ported, dual port muffler, with a 670 "west coast" intake setup, full wrap, Jonsered 672XP that I'm getting ready to build. LOL!!!! I like Jonsered(s)LOL!!

LOL....I know some about the ones I own but not so much about the newer stuff I'm to cheap to buy!!!

The 625/630/670 Jred and the corrisponding 61 thru 272XP series I really like so have the ones in my sig plus a ported, dual port muffler, with a 670 "west coast" intake setup, full wrap, Jonsered 672XP that I'm getting ready to build. LOL!!!! I like Jonsered(s)LOL!!

Jonsered 672XP :confused:? I'm guessing a Frankensaw?

Jonsered 672XP :confused:? I'm guessing a Frankensaw?

You might say.....mostly a 670 Jred with a 272XP P&C...ported and a "west coast" 670 velocity and K&N...Will look like a 670 "west coast" but will have the ported 52MM XP top......for a bit more whack..I like mixing and matching in this family...Fun!!

You might say.....mostly a 670 Jred with a 272XP P&C...ported and a "west coast" 670 velocity and K&N...Will look like a 670 "west coast" but will have the ported 52MM XP top......for a bit more whack..I like mixing and matching in this family...Fun!!

:msp_thumbup: Sounds like a fun build.

In addition to the differences between the models themselves, there are also differences between early and later generations, some significant. The two generations can primarily be separated by the twin coil vs single coil set ups. Some parts like cases, mufflers and top covers do not interchange between first and second generation saws. Many parts specific to the early saws are NLA, especially on the Jonsered side.

I THINK it will I changed out a couple of metal Husky 162 tanks with used plastic ones from a saw dealer I think any tanks in this family will swap.All my later 162s have Jonsereds 630 rewind housungs on them as the housing on the Jon is much heavier than the flimsy one Husky used at the start when they went from metal to plastic..I do not feel there is any performance difference between the 625 and 61. There are several models of the Jonsereds 630 I find my early single ring 630 is the best it and my 162s are a pretty even match.
God bless the Husqvarna 162
Kash

Back