Husqvarna aftermarket cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnTonyW

ClimbWright89
Reaction score
Looking for recommended brands/sources for Husky cylinder/piston rebuild. 575xp
Seeing ones on eBay for under $50. Are they quality..?
Thanks

Under $50 usually doesn't equal quality, sorry.

Is your factory OEM cylinder ruined or can it be saved/fixed and a new quality piston installed?

Got pics??

I have been totally burnt by cheap cylinders
I don't even bother anymore
Most of the time OEM cylinders are salvageable, I followed masterminds instructions of cylinder clean up and I've had great success with at least 15 cylinders now

I don't know if all the OEM Husqvarna cylinder and piston sets are deeply discounted or not. I definitely agree that you should contact Spike60 about the cost of the cylinder kit. I have bought 2 different OEM kits from him at awesome prices and he gives grade AAA+ service!

Ashokan turf and Timber
Ask for Bob
845-657-6395

The cheap ones will need ports cleaned up and probably won't put out peak power output equal to an OE. For something like a 350 I'd go for the cheap cylinder but for a higher end saw like a 575 I'd spring for OE

I'm another happy customer of spike60, you will get a great price through him.

Thanks for all the input guys!
I've never rebuilt a saw. I still need to tear this one down and see what it actually needs. I'll post pics of the cylinder as soon as I do. It's only two years since it was rebuilt...

Well guys, I got into the saw today. First a little background. I've had it about two years, bought it freshly rebuilt, with exhaust mod. Never had any trouble with it, ran non-e gas, 45:1 stihl or husky oil, cut like a dream. A couple months ago I had the top off to do some cleaning and noticed a fuel line popped off (see photo). I have no clue what that line's for... but I put it back on and kept running it no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 16
Then earlier this month I was cutting down an ash tree, accidentally got a drop o b/c oil in the gas. I figured no problem, right?! Cut with that tank, and filled it again. Then cutting the stump suddenly noticed the saw was running hot, and it died. Now it will fire up and cut when cold, then once it gets hot, it dies. I figure the compression is dropping off because of worn piston rings.

Photos of what she looks like. Intake side of cylinder looks great, exhaust side I can just feel the score marks.
Piston and rings look bad on that side too.
I don't know much about what I'm looking at, so any help is appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2456.JPG
    IMG_2456.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2457.JPG
    IMG_2457.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 28
It was run lean. You'll need to figure out what happened. You mentioned a tank vent earlier, if blocked that could cause a lean condition. It could also be the intake boot, crank seals, base gasket or decompression valve.

Your cylinder will clean up but you'll need a new piston and rings. MM coves cylinder cleaning on youtube.

I sent you your service manual. The most important thing now is to figure out what happened. A drop of oil didn't cause the lean.

Latest posts

Back