• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna crankcase splitting tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapitaineHaddoc

European Westcoaster
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good crankcase splitting tool. The only place I can find them is on ebay, but prices are crazy high (something like $100 + $50 for shipping).

Maybe I should check with one of the site sponsor?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you ted, but unfortunately this website don't propose shipping for France...

Captain, let me know if you need someone to purchase and ship it to you.

Thank you very much Neal, I appreciate. But I just found another way, a dealer near me who sell husky parts (parts list on his website just like partstree, I had to try with the number 502516101). Usually, chainsaw parts are really expensive here, that's why I buy from the USA most of time. But for this unique part, this dealer was way cheaper,

http://www.smaf-touseau.com/fr/search?motcle=502516101

Problem solved! Thank you again!

Thank you ted, but unfortunately this website don't propose shipping for France...

Thank you very much Neal, I appreciate. But I just found another way, a dealer near me who sell husky parts (parts list on his website just like partstree, I had to try with the number 502516101). Usually, chainsaw parts are really expensive here, that's why I buy from the USA most of time. But for this unique part, this dealer was way cheaper,

http://www.smaf-touseau.com/fr/search?motcle=502516101

Problem solved! Thank you again!
this spliter is for most of husqy saws but not for 346, 357, 359, 550 560 562 242 575 576 just a information by the way good price

You could make your own.

I have yet to find a crankcase I couldn't split with this:

View attachment 404107 View attachment 404108
I made one similar to yours a while back. I've made most of my chainsaw tools (clutch removers, case splitter, bar rail dresser, etc....) out of necessity. I remove and press crank bearings with a socket and a vise. I watched my dad "old school" things my whole life, and I didn't know there was any other way.....

42, 242, 246, 346, 351, 250R, 252 = 502 52 36-01

357Xp, 359 = 537 33 48-01
570,575 576 = 502 52 49-01
545, 550, 555 & 562 = 575 28 69-01

Dude, I've done the saws I listed. I'm not reading some technical document. The dogs of the splitter need to be tweaked open about 2mm and they will slide right over even the biggest cranks.
ok friend no problem here , i just want to informe the member for buying the corect tool for his job thats all , if you do the job with this tool everything is good:cheers:

ive been looking for one over here in aus, but not paying $130 au, would love some plans on making that
I can sent you templates for the stihl oem tool or for the husqvarna tool , the stihl can open and close the case, the husky can only open, but the stihl is a little more complex for produce it , so which you want ?

I can sent you templates for the stihl oem tool or for the husqvarna tool , the stihl can open and close the case, the husky can only open, but the stihl is a little more complex for produce it , so which you want ?
the husky please as im doing a full rebuild on a 61

will the stihl one also work for closing the husky 61
need a little modification on the plate and can open and close everything from stihl , husky, dolmar, poulan, makita, jonsered, chineese , everything

Back