Husqvarna Dealer's is this true?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've been in henry's barn, several times.......
must provide your own lighting...
at least i think were speaking of the same henry... town starts with meis. and ends in ville ??

The first post by the OP was more coherent than 95% of the threads started here.

I'm not sure where the problematic saws are coming from but I haven't had any complaints here. All of the AT saws out of my shop for that matter have been trouble free.....

I know there are documented issues, I have just yet to see any.

You guys are using 3/8" on a stock 346? Just wondering because I was really impressed with 95vpx on my 50cc 346xp.

Mine is stock....Dans is definately not. His 346 cuts like a stock 372. Yes we both use 3/8 chain. I use it simply because I dont want to buy several different file sizes. My stock (not even broken in) 346 easily pulls 3/8. It actually outcuts all other brands in that class (and I have owned a 260 pro, Dolmar 5100s, and the 346) Not sure about the 555 but it has some big shoes to fill to replace the 346.

i've been in henry's barn, several times.......
must provide your own lighting...
at least i think were speaking of the same henry... town starts with meis. and ends in ville ??

The town starts with Mill and ends with heim.
Same scenario, I take a Dewalt 18V flashlight with me.

Later
Dan

Mine is stock....Dans is definately not. His 346 cuts like a stock 372. Yes we both use 3/8 chain. I use it simply because I dont want to buy several different file sizes. My stock (not even broken in) 346 easily pulls 3/8. It actually outcuts all other brands in that class (and I have owned a 260 pro, Dolmar 5100s, and the 346) Not sure about the 555 but it has some big shoes to fill to replace the 346.

How long can you run it stock?

I have nothing against how .325 chain works on the smaller stock saws, I just hate to file a new .325 chain the first time.

Later
Dan

I thought about trying 3/8" or even LPX

The thing about 95vp is that it has a semi chisel style cutter and still cuts really fast. I ran 6 tanks through the saw before touching up. And even then it was still cutting. When I use LGX on my other saw, I'm lucky to go 2 tanks before filing.

Back