Husqvarna Guide Bar Sprocket Broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansenj11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a well used husky guide bar that goes on a 346xp. The sprocket stopped spinning and i was wondering if it could be replaced.

Yes it can be replaces, however it is not economically feasible to do so, now will it be easy to find a shop that has replacements. If you really want to change it on a well used bar, any oregon dealer can get you one, and if you want to throw anymore money into the wind I have lots of suggestions!

Ill take a look at the Oregon power match. I am looking for something light, not flimsy and professional as i cut around 50+ cords of firewood a year.

You have a 346xp and most likely are running the stock .325 chain for which oregon does not make a rsn/powermatch bar for, regardless you want lighter weight an laminate bar will suit you fine, just just need to buy a new one.

If you got a lot of use out of your current bar and you like the weight, just consider it a consumable and buy a new one. Or are you not happy with it's life? Do you do a lot of bore cutting?

I run a 16", .325 pitch Husqvarna NK bar and Stihl RSC chain (not NK) on my NE346XP. It's light and the 16" and 18" versions seem to be available at every big box store.

Maybe just me

I wouldn't fool with it. Check with Baileys, one of this site's sponsors, and I' ll bet you can find a good replacement bar for less than $20.

Take Care

I looked at the Oregon power match and the pro lite today. i was wondering the difference in materials and your guys input on the better bar. The pro lite is about 38 and the power match is about 55.

I just put a 18" Pro-Lite on my Dolmar and it is light and nice.

:agree2:

Oregon Pro-Lite or Oregon Micro-Lite (NK). (Or the the same bar with the Husqvarna name painted on it.)

I'm partial to the 16" NK bar on the 346XP for its lighter weight.

I went with the Dolmar brand 64DL one and feel it is just about perfict.

224730d1329622526-img_2813-jpg

You have a 346xp and most likely are running the stock .325 chain for which oregon does not make a rsn/powermatch bar for, regardless you want lighter weight an laminate bar will suit you fine, just just need to buy a new one.

I see Power Match Plus .325 bars listed on Oregon's website when I punch in my 346XP in 16", 18" and 20" lengths. Are there different "power match" versions? I want to pick up a 16" or 18" and keep my stock 20" as a backup.

Back