Husqvarna rubber logger boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooperforeman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking at buying a pair of these...anyone know where they're made? How do they hold up in the brush? Sticks poke through them? I called Husqvarna USA customer support and they couldn't answer any of these questions

I have a Viking set that are almost the same. I will only wear if I KNOW I am going to be in mud. They are heavy, hot and don't flex in the soles as you walk. When you need them, they are awesome though.

I have a pair , they are horrible !! Uncomfortable , heavy , hot on the feet . They are in my garage gathering dust .
A pair of longer length leather boots with a waterproof membrane is a far better bet .
Only my opinion.

I wear insulated steel toe "gum rubbers" during break or winter thaws.

I got them at Walmart on sale for $10.

I have a pair that I bought on sale. Heavy - yes. Waterproof - yes. Protective fibers - yes.
Best for cutting in damp, wet, snowy conditions on level ground. Those are situations where leather boots might get wet, frozen, and miserable anyways.

I believe that they are made by by Viking, and also sold under the 'Oregon' and other brand names.

http://www.vikingwear.com/index.php/?___SID=U
http://www.baileysonline.com/Footwear/Chainsaw-Cut-Protection/

About 1/3 of the cost of good, leather boots with chainsaw cut protection.

I have a pair , they are horrible !! Uncomfortable , heavy , hot on the feet . They are in my garage gathering dust .
Put 'em on the Trading Post - get rid of them, and give someone a good deal on them.

Philbert

Thanks for the replies....I just did a live chat with Bailey's and they told me they were made in Sweden. I've ruined two pairs of Lacrosse boots by poking holes in them

Thanks for the replies....I just did a live chat with Bailey's and they told me they were made in Sweden. I've ruined two pairs of Lacrosse boots by poking holes in them

Just a word of caution: Bailey's told me that the Viking black tusks I have were made in Sweden also, but when they arrived the boots said Malaysia...

There are lots of EU markings on them, so I assumed Europe. But things change so fast.

My boots do not have a country of origin mark on them that I can find. There is a Viking shoe company in Norway, and the link above shows an office in BC Canada.

Anyway, they would be a great boot for ground work in 'da UP!

Philbert

I very rarely wear rubber boots but when you need them…you need them. I use a pair of Hunter Wellintons. Green looking things that I picked them up at the feed store many years ago. They have held up remarkably well. Not too heavy or uncomfortable to walk in but they are not chainsaw resistant. Good socks are a must.

Well, I bought a pair from my local dealer...$115.00 without the liners. Ended up with a size 12,they fit a little loose but I like more room than too tight. Natural rubber seems heavy duty,steel toe and nylon extension on top of boot with drawstring is very nice.We'll see how they hold up!

Looking at buying a pair of these...anyone know where they're made? How do they hold up in the brush? Sticks poke through them? I called Husqvarna USA customer support and they couldn't answer any of these questions

I can't see what you were looking at, but in terms of sticks, I like jungle combat boots for warmer weather. They have a thin layer of metal sheet built into the sole to guard your foot against , I assume, viet cong pungie sticks and the like. My boot of choice for 75% of the year. Cheap too. Probably not the heavy duty wet/cold weather boot it sounds like you were looking at, but when I saw "Sticks poke through them?" I couldn't resist.

in terms of sticks, I like jungle combat boots for warmer weather. They have a thin layer of metal sheet built into the sole to guard your foot against , I assume, viet cong pungie sticks and the like.
Not chainsaw resistant.

The Husqvarna boots he mentions have protective material similar to chaps bonded into the instep and sides of the boot, and are certified to be chainsaw resistant. Not just rubber farm / chore boots.

Philbert

I took a chance bought a pair of Jonsered logger boots over 20 years ago. The best rubber boot I have ever bought. I still use them today. They have held up extremely well over the decades.

Not chainsaw resistant.

The Husqvarna boots he mentions have protective material similar to chaps bonded into the instep and sides of the boot, and are certified to be chainsaw resistant. Not just rubber farm / chore boots.

Philbert
Husky boots used to have a Kevlar mesh over the top of the instep/around the ankle going down to the welt no idea if they still do

Not sure what the material is, but the layers on my boots are clearly visible, and the boot is rated for chainsaw protection.

Philbert
Just looked up the "Speel" from some while back "Quote" the boot is fitted with a wadding with a composite of Kevlar &other materials Should the saw chain contact the boot the wadding serves to clog up the cutter teeth rendering them unable to cut" then follows tech spec in regard to time effective they will with stand the cutting action at that time the were rated at the best class for protection the date on the leaflet was 2008 No idea of the present day ratings

Back