Husqvarna t540xp question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS Tree Service

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to call for trouble shooting a problem with this saw? I'm having problems with it running.

It will run on choke but will puke out after a few seconds of giving it throttle.

Changed plug fuel filter and cleaned the carb and still the same. I think it may have something to do with the auto tune.

Thoughts?

You probably have an air leak, crimped fuel hose, etc. almost certainly just one of the things that causes a lean condition in a "normal" saw.
Auto tune may have masked the problem for a while, may have saved the saw even, very unlikely it caused the problem.

You probably have an air leak, crimped fuel hose, etc. almost certainly just one of the things that causes a lean condition in a "normal" saw.
Auto tune may have masked the problem for a while, may have saved the saw even, very unlikely it caused the problem.
I was thinking that but my hesitation was the saw is only 1 year old and only ran full time for about 4 months. Hard to believe the hoses would go bad that fast

Something has gone wrong that fast.
I'd have it back to where you bought it and see if there is a warranty issue before I did anything myself.

Check the pulse hose as I've seen a couple that have split the hose at the nipple on the cylinder end. It causes them to lean out and run poorly.

What do you mean siezed? Also what was the service bulletin?
Sorry spelt seized wrong , service bulletin i saw just said there had been piston failures for the first of the 2013 saws , i had a look for it not that long ago and couldent find it tho , not wrong about getting the muffler off , when mine died i pulled the plug out and pulled the starter and could feel something was wrong and that saw still run quite well was just a pain to start and took even longer to warm up past that autotune cold start bog

Sorry spelt seized wrong , service bulletin i saw just said there had been piston failures for the first of the 2013 saws , i had a look for it not that long ago and couldent find it tho , not wrong about getting the muffler off , when mine died i pulled the plug out and pulled the starter and could feel something was wrong and that saw still run quite well was just a pain to start and took even longer to warm up past that autotune cold start bog
OK I'm going to tear it apart today and hopefully I find the problem.

What would the symptoms be if it were a piston failure? It wouldn't run at all right?

Mine ran ok just hard to start and rough idle didnt really use it for long when i noticed something wrong grabbed the 201, is it under warranty still ? Feel rough if u turn it over with no plug ? Diaphrams ok ?
Probibly dont pull it apart without a vac pressure test

Well got it all apart today. I found the hose seen in the picture disconnected from the cylinder. I would have to say that was the problem.

I put it all back together and it starts up but runs pretty rough and will idle for a bit but than just stops.

I wonder if the auto tune needs reset now because of all the wacky readings due to that hose being disconnected?

I also took the muffler off and it was good. No blockage.

Attachments

• 20150214_113456.jpg
    20150214_113456.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150214_122906.jpg
    20150214_122906.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 38
Mine ran ok just hard to start and rough idle didnt really use it for long when i noticed something wrong grabbed the 201, is it under warranty still ? Feel rough if u turn it over with no plug ? Diaphrams ok ?
Probibly dont pull it apart without a vac pressure test
It feels ok when turning over with no plug. It was smooth

If you found the pulse hose disconnected then that will be the issue. A fuel system reset works best to get them running properly again but if you don't have access to the diag. tool the autotune will adjust it back it just takes a little longer.

Latest posts

Back