Husqvarna , The Whole Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know why Husqvarna has been making small engines with chains and sprockets longer then Stihl has.

Production of Husqvarna motorcycles starts.

Me either... Their bikes have always sucked.

Of the Husqvarna saws I have run... the 372 was the best one.

Of the Husqvarna bikes I have ridden... they are all slop.

Of the Husqvarna rifles I have shot... they are very fine rifles.

Of the Husqvarna sewing machines I have used... they are precision products.

If they could turn their power equipment into what the rifles and sewing machines have become... they might have somethin' there...

Gary

Last edited:
1964-65
Husqvarna develops the 65. This saw is a great success and Husqvarna becomes a force to be reckoned with. The status of our saws grows.
attachment.php

It's hard to believe, but this was a very popular model for us when we started selling Husqvarna in 1981. Having been first sold in 1964 and 17 years later it still was a powerful lighweight saw. I remember the thing that drew me to love Husqvarna chainsaws was the simplicity of the line and the ease of working on them. This saw the 65 was simple and trustworthy. 4 cub engine that started easy but it would cut for it's size. Unlike it's competetiors of the day, you didn't need to carry a screwdriver around in your back pocket to keep the screws tight. ( Yea we sold that other brand too. 041 )
That's a slick looking saw!

Sorry ole boy I'm not giving you any more ammo.

Not that it matters Stihl never made a rifle

Awww come on, your not woosing out already are ya. Just so you know this thread has been given a sticky so it will stay at the top of the chainsaw form, man talk about getting an advantage, wow. I'm still gonna squash it bigtime,lolol

Me either... Their bikes have always sucked.

Gary
Maybe you should learn how to ride one. LOL

1903 Husqvarna produced its first motorcycle—making it the oldest continually produced motorcycle brand in history. Husqvarna’s motorcycle line continued to grow, and by the 1930s they began competing in—and winning—international races. By the 1970s, Husqvarna literally dominated the off-road race scene, and continued to do so through the early eighties

While Husqvarna has had a well established reputation for quality for centuries, dating back to the 1600's, the company achieved international fame and recognition when internationally acclaimed saw expert and celebrity spacemule chose to run their 272xp in 1994.

The discriminating celebrity is not easily impressed, so his unwavering support and endorsement for the 272 earned Husqvarna a well deserved recognition as the choice of equipment for professional users. Conflicting company Stihl promoters have been trying for years to get spacemule to endorse their brand, but they were unsuccessful.

While Husqvarna has had a well established reputation for quality for centuries, dating back to the 1600's, the company achieved international fame and recognition when internationally acclaimed saw expert and celebrity spacemule chose to run their 272xp in 1994.

The discriminating celebrity is not easily impressed, so his unwavering support and endorsement for the 272 earned Husqvarna a well deserved recognition as the choice of equipment for professional users. Conflicting company Stihl promoters have been trying for years to get spacemule to endorse their brand, but they were unsuccessful.

Paul Harvey you rock:clap:

The world’s first integrated vibration-dampening system
The next big step in chain saw development was in 1969 when Husqvarna presented Type 180, the world’s first chain saw with integrated vibration focusing. The saw became a concrete example of Husqvarna’s philosophy of focussing on the work situation of the user. The Husqvarna Type 180 set the standard for a series of new Husqvarna models, and for all the other chain saw manufacturers.

Many forestry workers suffer from decreased circulation in their hands and fingers. The vibrations from the chain saw can cause white finger. Husqvarna develops a new saw, the 180, which has lower vibration levels than other saws.

The saw becomes very popular in the United States. Husqvarna continues to make the saw for many years.

This practice of working hard to improve the working situation of the user is evident in all the continued development of the Husqvarna saws. Another concrete example is the inertia-activated chain brake, which greatly reduces the risk of injury in the event of uncontrolled kickback. It is yet another Husqvarna development that has become standard for all modern chain saws. Our close cooperation with the professionals who work out in the forest enables us to develop saws in accordance with their requirements, and to make their working situations less strenuous. As well, several of our solutions have led to lawmakers all around the world placing more stringent requirements on the other saw manufacturers. As we continue to push developments forward, this will benefit all users and bring them better working conditions.
attachment.php

Ok now this is where tom smiles from ear to ear.

In 1965, Stihl introduced an innovation in chain saw design with its antivibration system, which absorbed the impact of the saw's vibration, allowing steadier and less fatiguing control. This design change was quickly copied by Stihl's competitors. Three years later, Stihl added an electronic ignition system to its saws, improving their reliability. Other design changes included a more efficient chain lubrication system, an inertial chain braking system, which stopped the chain in the event of kickback, and a master control lever, which allowed the user to control the saw's starting and stopping functions without releasing the saw's handle.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm thats interesting!!!

(my my its great to have a sharp memory,hehe)

Last edited:
Yep Husqvarna Motorcycles suck. :ices_rofl:

Guess they Know something about a two cycle engine.

1959 - Rolf Tibblin, European Motocross Champion, 250cc class.
1960 - Bill Nilsson, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1962 - Rolf Tibblin, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1962 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1963 - Rolf Tibblin, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1963 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1966 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1967 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1969 - Bengt Åberg, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1970 - Bengt Åberg, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1974 - Heikki Mikkola, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1976 - Heikki Mikkola, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1979 - Håkan Carlqvist, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.

Yep Husqvarna Motorcycles suck. :ices_rofl:

Guess they Know something about a two cycle engine.

1959 - Rolf Tibblin, European Motocross Champion, 250cc class.
1960 - Bill Nilsson, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1962 - Rolf Tibblin, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1962 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1963 - Rolf Tibblin, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1963 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1966 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1967 - Torsten Hallman, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1969 - Bengt Åberg, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1970 - Bengt Åberg, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1974 - Heikki Mikkola, Motocross World Champion, 500cc class.
1976 - Heikki Mikkola, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.
1979 - Håkan Carlqvist, Motocross World Champion, 250cc class.

2008-1979= 29 years ago, hmmmm. Dayumm they aint won squat in 29years, dayummmm I'm not so sure I would mention that..

Latest posts

Back