Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the the non m tronic 362 and the only thing I did not like was the air filter. The m model has a real air filter. Congrats on the new saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I guess a lot of us car lovers are also into saws! I feel like a little kid before Christmas waiting for it to come. It will be my first saw with M-Tronic, and I am anticipating it in a big way. The 362 feels a good deal lighter than my 044 or 441 (which both weigh the same). If M-Tronic can make it cut close to how the 70 cc saws cut, I will be thrilled to death. It will make limbing, and just carrying it through the woods, a lot easier.

MustangMike

Delete, sorry that didnt work will try again

Last edited:
I must say you made me smile and laugh. You do have a knack for the words, pennies and dimes : ). Im really contemplating selling off a couple on evil- bay to buy a new 562xp. And you had a new stihl chain on your saw when we raced, I had a crappy oregon that I'm pretty sure was dull due to the fact I had cut all that years firewood for deer camp with it. But I know excuses are .............. I'm sure your going to love your new saw! Stihl makes great equipment, look at how well your 044 has done over the last 20 years. Next GTG well load up the saws in the back of your stang and let the guys all run your 362c-m

Matt,

I never said the race was fair, but you brought it on, not me! I think at the time someone had convinced you that a skip chain was going to give you an advantage. I'm sure with the new chain and new tune the results would be different. However, my saws may be stock but they keep you honest, you have to be at the top of your game to beat them (there is nothing like a sharp chain).

You may want to save some money and try Craigslist first, the store owner said saws move quite well on it, and it is free.

Chris (next door) seemed happy as a pig in crap to get my 441, I guess I really impressed him when I helped him remove some stumps with it. I had the crosscut chain on the 044 and the rip chain on the 441 and we just removed them piece at a time.

Hey, if you get a 562 or know anyone who has got one, let me know and we will see how they stack up. If the 362 C-M is as robust and dependable as my 044 has been, I will have no complaints.

You did not respond regarding Bill's saw, is it stock?

Thanks for starting this thread, it was fun and I think everyone learned something.

MustangMike - Uncle Mike

Jr, since you are over 30 now, let me explain something to you. When you save your pennies and you save your dimes, you can buy the saw you want. If the Husky 562 is that great, get one! When I save my pennies and I save my dimes, I will buy what I think is best, not what you want me to get.

Do you see any threads here siting problems with M-Tronic?????

Did you miss the thread on the way down to this one "562 XP Hesitation"? And while several 562 owners said they had no problems (and I am happy for them, it is a really good saw), others talked about still having problems even after they brought it back and had the carb replaced, etc.

If one out of 50 Vettes that came through the factory had loose rod bolts, would you still recommend that I buy one just because they are fast??? Sorry, but I don't care to play Russian Roulette. I made my decision based on the information that was out there, and I am comfortable with it.

The 362 pre M-Tronic already gets great reviews, and with M-Tronic I will bet it will cut just as good as a 562. I also think it will be easier to start and not need "warm up". I don't care if one of your "Hot Rodded" saws is faster ... although I think the last time you challenged my 044 and MS 441 to a cookie cut it did not go so well for you.

Not to mention, it is the first MS 362 C-M sold by this dealer, and possibly the first one on this site, I'm a trailblazer!!!

Have a good evening, talk to you soon.
MustangMike - Uncle Mike

Wondering why it will be easier to start than the 562 & what is the issue w/ it not needing a warm up or what is the "warm up" thing on the 562?

congrats on getting a new saw, new saws are always exciting.

[quote="MustangMike, post: 4642945, member: 120204"

The 362 pre M-Tronic already gets great reviews, and with M-Tronic I will bet it will cut just as good as a 562. I also think it will be easier to start and not need "warm up". I don't care if one of your "Hot Rodded" saws is faster ... although I think the last time you challenged my 044 and MS 441 to a cookie cut it did not go so well for you.

Not to mention, it is the first MS 362 C-M sold by this dealer, and possibly the first one on this site, I'm a trailblazer!!!

Have a good evening, talk to you soon.
MustangMike - Uncle Mike

Wondering why it will be easier to start than the 562 & what is the issue w/ it not needing a warm up or what is the "warm up" thing on the 562?

congrats on getting a new saw, new saws are always exciting.[/quote]

My concerns came from reviewing customer comments on the Husky website and the subsequent comments by a Husky Tech. First, (before a war starts) let me say that most people that have them love them and have no issues. The Husky tech said something about better training dealers on proper start up procedures and properly warming the saw up before using it. The Husky saw also has a gas bubble (that you press) and a choke. On a Stihl saw with M-Tonic, you just push the operating lever all the way down and pull the recoil cord. In my opinion, it would be easier to accidentally flood the Husky.

According to the Stihl literature, M-Tronic makes the saw easier to start and adjusts timing and fuel based on temperature, etc so it can be used right away. Conversely, a few people with the Auto Tune saws have had issues that the dealer has not been able to solve.

Numerous posts on this thread and some others have addressed these issues do death.

MustangMike

It is very easy to flood a Husky. If you pull the trigger after setting it to fast idle and continue to try to start the saw it will flood. The operators manual clearly lists the steps required to start the saw. This is a two fold problem.
#1 You have to be able to read.
#2 You have to read the instructions prior to trying to operate the saw, and due to the many threads on here talking about starting difficulties, it's obvious many men do not like to read instruction manuals.

If you think you have the fastest widget, bring it to a GTG and see that there are many saws that will hold their own against like CC saws.

I've been running saws since 1977. The 562xp has been the easiest starting saw I've ever run, cold, warm, hot. The newer 346xp is the 2nd easiest. Both have air purge bulbs.

I have never flooded a Husky saw! But used to flood the old Poulans once in a while. Guys around here, my brother included flood Stihl saws fairly regular.

Bills 262 is stock. The husky 262 is a special saw, it was built on a smaller chassis. It has a very good power to weight ratio. Its one of those classic saws that if you run one, you fall in love with it! He gets by on the husky version of your two saw plan 372xp and 262xp. Awesome 70cc and awesome 60cc.

As for ebay, there's more dopes on there willing to bid up my saws. Talk to you soon, Jr

...The husky 262 is a special saw, it was built on a smaller chassis. It has a very good power to weight ratio. Its one of those classic saws that if you run one, you fall in love with it!...
The guy who sold me one of my MS440's (runs great) got rid of it because he liked his Husky 262 better. Must be some mojo in that model.

More mis-information here...again. The purge bulb will not flood the saw. It purges air from the fuel line. It does not prime the cylinder.
Brad I'm pretty sure he didn't call it a primer bulb, just a gas bubble. But in his mind its one more step in starting a saw. I know the benefit to it, he knows the benefit to it. But I don't think he wants the hastle of another step in starting his saw.

I've been running saws since 1977. The 562xp has been the easiest starting saw I've ever run, cold, warm, hot. The newer 346xp is the 2nd easiest. Both have air purge bulbs.

I have never flooded a Husky saw! But used to flood the old Poulans once in a while. Guys around here, my brother included flood Stihl saws fairly regular.

+1 on easy starting 562xp last week when the temp was -15 and the wind chill was -40 my 562 started on 3 pulls 2 on full choke and 1 on fast idle, it starts the same way when its sunny and 75 i was actually surprised it started that fast with it being so cold.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

+1 on easy starting 562xp last week when the temp was -15 and the wind chill was -40 my 562 started on 3 pulls 2 on full choke and 1 on fast idle, it starts the same way when its sunny and 75 i was actually surprised it started that fast with it being so cold.

I am glad many people have great running 562s, but if you look at the thread "562xp Hesitation Question" you will find that not everyone is so happy, even after dealer fixes and carb changes. I just don't want to take the chance of going through that. Also post 31 is revealing. The instructions require the saw to be run for several minutes to re-calibrate to new conditions. The Stihl literature says within 2 - 3 cuts. My saws make a lot of cuts in 5 minutes. I may be wrong, but I just feel more comfortable with the M-Tronic system. I hope all the Husky guys get their problems worked out and this becomes a non issue. I know the 562 is a great saw when it runs right.

MustangMike

Ye, my 562 never takes more than 3 pulls, sometimes 2. One pull always when hot, or warm.

My newer 346 is the same way, because of the purge bulb.

I am glad many people have great running 562s, but if you look at the thread "562xp Hesitation Question" you will find that not everyone is so happy, even after dealer fixes and carb changes. I just don't want to take the chance of going through that. Also post 31 is revealing. The instructions require the saw to be run for several minutes to re-calibrate to new conditions. The Stihl literature says within 2 - 3 cuts. My saws make a lot of cuts in 5 minutes. I may be wrong, but I just feel more comfortable with the M-Tronic system. I hope all the Husky guys get their problems worked out and this becomes a non issue. I know the 562 is a great saw when it runs right.

MustangMike
Mike, yes there are a few here with real problems with their 562s', but most chainsaw owners are not on a forum talking about saws. We are kind of different around here. Very small problem in reality...
:givebeer:

I really want a AutoTune/M Tronic saw but these threads and post make it very hard to pick... I mean, I honestly do hear more bad about husky than I do stihl. That being said I think that is only because there are more AutoTunes than m tronics out there so the percentage is higher. I am young and new to saws. I just can not picture pro huskys being that "cheaply" made when compared to the heavy and more expensive stihl.

Back