Husqvarna X-Cut Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think it cuts better than Oregon which are most of my chains I run on my Jonsered. I only have one Stihl chain which came with my MS462 and I think it cuts comparable.

These x-cuts are the only thing I buy now. You can’t beat the price for them if you can find them on sale.
Any tips on where to find C83 on sale?

Would like to try it in a 24", the LGX I have been using does not stay sharp for long at all. I intended on moving to EXL but may just skip over it to C83 instead.

Would like to try it in a 24", the LGX I have been using does not stay sharp for long at all. I intended on moving to EXL but may just skip over it to C83 instead.
I looked for about 10 min and couldn’t find anything south of 27 a chain. I bought a 5 pack of 24” last year for 75 and the 20” semi chisel I bought a few days ago was 19 a piece.

Sorry but I think you might need to wait unless you are good with spending the extra money.

Oregon has been bought out twice in the past 2years so I'm not too confident that their product and innovations will stay consistent.
I guess this is why Husqvarna now produces their own chain in house at a Swedish factory and why Sugihara and Tsumura have taken over bar duty .
I just bought 3 84dl of C-83 on Amazon for 50.00 , it was listed as "used" which usually means that the boxes are mangled.
I like the Oregon (EXL) product but I will probably purchase more Husqvarna Brand in the future.

I looked for about 10 min and couldn’t find anything south of 27 a chain. I bought a 5 pack of 24” last year for 75 and the 20” semi chisel I bought a few days ago was 19 a piece.

Sorry but I think you might need to wait unless you are good with spending the extra money.
Ok, no problem! I will check with my local dealer as well.

Is there a .325" .058 equivalent of X-cut? The orgeon 21LPX I run also wears quickly.

Thank you sir. I may try a loop or two of the 24" semi chisel.
I ran the saw today for about 3 hrs with the new chain. I was very impressed by how long it lasted. Most of the wood I was cutting was hickory, so it really got put through the ringer. I probably cut 2-3 pickup loads and never changed it.

The only thing I didn’t care for was I felt like I had to keep tightening up the chain every 10 minutes. Pretty surprising because they claim it’s pre-stretched. I’d hate to see if it wasn’t.

Overall thoughts is I might buy a few more just to have. I think I screwed up my c83 chain when I sharpened it. It was sharp, but kept cutting to the right and bogging down. Stupid hand file.

I ran the saw today for about 3 hrs with the new chain. I was very impressed by how long it lasted. Most of the wood I was cutting was hickory, so it really got put through the ringer. I probably cut 2-3 pickup loads and never changed it.

The only thing I didn’t care for was I felt like I had to keep tightening up the chain every 10 minutes. Pretty surprising because they claim it’s pre-stretched. I’d hate to see if it wasn’t.

Overall thoughts is I might buy a few more just to have. I think I screwed up my c83 chain when I sharpened it. It was sharp, but kept cutting to the right and bogging down. Stupid hand file.
Lol. Yeah, that about sums up my ability and experience with hand filing. I really appreciate the feedback - 2 or 3 pickup truck loads on one chain is a HUGE improvement over the full chisel though, at least in my experience.

I've been buying the c83 x cut on eBay from the seller "lawnmowerpartsworld" out of Conway, SC. I just paid $19 per loop for 28" chain. Only problem is the only carry it in full chisel

Lol. Yeah, that about sums up my ability and experience with hand filing. I really appreciate the feedback - 2 or 3 pickup truck loads on one chain is a HUGE improvement over the full chisel though, at least in my experience.
I’ve never had that problem before and honestly thought something was wrong with the saw until u put a brand new chain on. Whoops.

I've been buying the c83 x cut on eBay from the seller "lawnmowerpartsworld" out of Conway, SC. I just paid $19 per loop for 28" chain. Only problem is the only carry it in full chisel
I’ve bought almost all my chains from this person as well, but unfortunately they didn’t have the semi chisel and didn’t have the c83 20”. I emailed them and they said they wouldn’t have it listed until august, however if you search their website on the interwebs, it’s listed I believe for 22.50.

I’ve bought almost all my chains from this person as well, but unfortunately they didn’t have the semi chisel and didn’t have the c83 20”. I emailed them and they said they wouldn’t have it listed until august, however if you search their website on the interwebs, it’s listed I believe for 22.50.
Yes, it looks like they are out on their ebay store right now. Will keep an eye on them, though.

Back