Husqy 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeSurfer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i would like to hear what you guys think about the 359. i have had mine for about a week and love it. love the whisstle it makes when WOT. im running a 20" 3/8s bar but wonder if it could handle a 24? id like to hear some input about this saw :)

It might handle a 24" with skip tooth chain?

Bought this early 359 off CL. It's setup with the Walbro carb and a black coil.
Been a really good saw and still all stock!

DSC_0007-3.jpg

I had a 359 with a 24 inch bar and chain. No problems and good speed in oak, beech, hickory here. I've had some other larger saws with 24 inch bar (dolmar 7900, husq 385xp, stihl 440, 064) to compare to and the 359 was an over-achiever when compared to them. I used full comp chain on the 359. Good luck with your new saw.

Have had mine for over 2 yrs and love it! I have watched some of these vids with modded similar sized saws, and they dont appear to have anything on my 359! I have cut well over 150 full cords with it and have had zero issues!
I would like to get a 24 inch bar for mine too. Not to use all the time but would be nice for when I need it.

Ted

Had to have one in red and black also!

DSC_0036.jpg

i bought the red and black one also last week 6 tanks of fuel so far. was hoping for alittle more power. its still early and this is my first one with cat in the muffler. it maybe rubbing a little power.

its was 20 degrees sat found it hard to start. pulling out blue choke lever with winter gloves on. but i was also spoiled bye my last saw having a simple on/off switch. in time i'll figure it out or buy acouple blue choke levers. dealer told me yesterday he has them instock

I have one and I use a 20" and 24" bar on it for firewood. My favorite saw to date. Very versatile in hardwoods. I think it is a sleeper in its class. I run a full comp 24 with no trouble though it balances much better with the 20. Pulls like the bigger saws but much better weight. I have the non cat muffler (only mod so far) and see no need to mod any further at present but nmurph has some experience with modding this one.

how does the 359 do with a full comp 24" chisel chain? im thinking about running .63 but it might be too aggressive. its running. 50 full comp 20" chisel at the moment.

how does the 359 do with a full comp 24" chisel chain? im thinking about running .63 but it might be too aggressive. its running. 50 full comp 20" chisel at the moment.

Imo, even a 20" is stretching it a bit on that saw.

...and get rid of the cat muffler!

It is just my opinion but my 359 shines with an 18-20 and pulls the 24 well enough. I only use the 24 for big firewood rounds and I take my time and let the saw fed itself. It can handle the 24 but if you want to use a 24 a lot, I would look to saws 65cc and bigger. The torque band on this saw is broad allowing it to handle 18-24 inch bars and making it a versatile saw. Great for a firewood cutter who wants to make the most out of 1 or 2 saws. It is nose heavy with the 24 so I only use it when I need it.

It is just my opinion but my 359 shines with an 18-20 and pulls the 24 well enough. I only use the 24 for big firewood rounds and I take my time and let the saw fed itself. It can handle the 24 but if you want to use a 24 a lot, I would look to saws 65cc and bigger. The torque band on this saw is broad allowing it to handle 18-24 inch bars and making it a versatile saw. Great for a firewood cutter who wants to make the most out of 1 or 2 saws. It is nose heavy with the 24 so I only use it when I need it.

He said it all. Mine is woods ported does real well. I still wouldn't run a 24" all the time on it. I have some 20" Carlton Pro Champ bars that run 70dl. Love them on anything 60cc and under that handles them like my 254 and 262/262 conversions. For a 1 saw plan it is good to go.
Shep

im running an ahlborn forestry pro bar on mine. good to know it can handle a 24" but im gonna keep it at 20" for now. and yess mine has the green gas cap which means, CAT MUFFLER. lol

I really like my 359. It was my first Husqvarna. These days I use the 346 a lot and the 372 if I get something big, but the 359 is still near and dear to my heart and an excellent buy.

im running an ahlborn forestry pro bar on mine. good to know it can handle a 24" but im gonna keep it at 20" for now. and yess mine has the green gas cap which means, CAT MUFFLER. lol

The 20 inch your running is a good setup. I run 24 on mine until getting larger saws and then ran a 70dl 20inch bar on it. There is a lot of fuss on site as to speed and cutting cookies (sure keep getting bar smaller and you got more power). The 359's are very underated and in today's economy a sound choice. After selling my 359, I've tried several hyped up saws and larger saws and have found the 359 was a keeper. Live and learn I guess with the latest and greatest saw info. Every couple of months there seems to be a new saw on the front page news.

[video=youtube;ZQIwNVmGhPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQIwNVmGhPg[/video]

Got to love those 359's.I had a ported one that I wish sometimes I still had.This is a vid I made cutting 19" dead red oak with 20" 3/8 and pushing on it a little to hard but it didn't mind:hmm3grin2orange:Should have secured it a little better to.

gotta say out of all the husqys i have worked on, this one was pretty easy to take the carb off and clean. :)

Latest posts

Back