Huztl 3/8 Lo Pro Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have just purchased one of their outrageously expensive 3/8x 1.3x50dl lo pro chain it arrived today & cost all of $7.48 to include post to France It appears a copy/ripoff of a Stihl PS3It appear full chisel with slightly smaller kick back humps alongside the rakers one thing that surprised me was how sharp the cutters appear to be I have not mounted it yet so I will reserve an opinion until I have used it but on first look over it doesn't give the immediate impression of being cheap crap ( Only time will prove this or otherwise )

OK guys so I fitted my OTT expensive Huztl chain to my Vap 44F saw ( rebadged Oleo Mac 244F) & cut approx 3 cubic metres of around 8" dia metre length 2years seasoned oak in to 3 pieces, at around 3/4 used first tank chain had stretched not to bad but enough to make me want to adjust it, only required 1 further adjustment for the rest of the cutting. 1 touch up during the total cut & still cutting well at end of the 3 metres,good size chips from word go, no chatter; snatch; or grabbing; I wouln't rate it as best ever but was pleasantly surprised as to it"s performance /price point.Would I buy more ? yes. i think that any home cutter week end working would get good use from it, a full time user might not get as much use as from a Div 1 chain, but for the price my opinion it's well worth a try.

Horrible grind on that chain. Did you touch it up before cutting? I have seen many new chains with the "bird beak" hook. Lack of wheel dressing.

Back