Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huztl 660 kit pics -ordered Feb 13, delivered today. Friends, if you notice anything missing, please wave the yellow flag for me...ok that was a racing flashback but you get my point...lol.
thumbnail_20170228_185326.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185342.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185405.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185458.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185545.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185617.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185632.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185640.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185658.jpg thumbnail_20170228_185723.jpg

I saw all the postings about shipping and delays and such. I have brother works a lot in asia and india with all kinds of companies and institutions and things are certainly different over there and one thing for sure is that once the overseas companies get the US dollars flowing in they want to do what it takes to keep customers and gain more. they are getting better at making quality stuff like a car called apple or something like that that is kinda like a chinese honda. They can change tooling, molds castings , whole factories, whatever super quick and there are huge factories, millions of square feet they want to keep busy. as well as shoddy slum industrial areas where a whole community will do one thing like recycle electronics and melt the gold off the contacts from trash electronic stuff or recycle rubber or copper or whatever. They have holidays where everything stops for a week at a time. I don't know specifics but that is some of what I do know. Its kinda like when I was a kid cheap junky jap crap was everywhere but by the 90's the honda was one of the most reliable and economical cars in the world. well kinda like the same thing is happening all throughout asia and china has what a billion people who all want cars and middle class stuff. I think paypal has cured a lot of the problems of getting ripped off when placing an order. I know when I placed an order with hutzl and it went to paypal for payment that was a good thing, if everything is wrong or I never get a package I can file claim and get my $ back, I know I can't afford to lose $200+ I sent them for a saw kit.

I'll rely on you gents to tell me if I'm missing 660 parts since I didn't notice any obvious omissions but, Huztl did miss packing a spare MS290/390 muffler I planned to mod. They also replaced M8X1 flange nuts for 290/390 flywheels with standard nuts and no lock washers. Not too sure that's an acceptable way to anchor a flywheel!

Also just noticed that the spur to rim upgrade parts for the 290/390 don't jive:

thumbnail_20170228_200606.jpg thumbnail_20170228_200648.jpg thumbnail_20170228_200655.jpg

I saw all the postings about shipping and delays and such. I have brother works a lot in asia and india with all kinds of companies and institutions and things are certainly different over there and one thing for sure is that once the overseas companies get the US dollars flowing in they want to do what it takes to keep customers and gain more. they are getting better at making quality stuff like a car called apple or something like that that is kinda like a chinese honda. They can change tooling, molds castings , whole factories, whatever super quick and there are huge factories, millions of square feet they want to keep busy. as well as shoddy slum industrial areas where a whole community will do one thing like recycle electronics and melt the gold off the contacts from trash electronic stuff or recycle rubber or copper or whatever. They have holidays where everything stops for a week at a time. I don't know specifics but that is some of what I do know. Its kinda like when I was a kid cheap junky jap crap was everywhere but by the 90's the honda was one of the most reliable and economical cars in the world. well kinda like the same thing is happening all throughout asia and china has what a billion people who all want cars and middle class stuff. I think paypal has cured a lot of the problems of getting ripped off when placing an order. I know when I placed an order with hutzl and it went to paypal for payment that was a good thing, if everything is wrong or I never get a package I can file claim and get my $ back, I know I can't afford to lose $200+ I sent them for a saw kit.
Most any plastic allows reversal of charges for non delivery. My order took about 2 weeks. Others had 3-4 week delivery times...some of them likely ordered during Chinese New Year. Don't remember recent complaints of non-delivery so patience will pay off.

I went this route. I'll report once she is up and running. I should have everything I need and organized by early next week and start putting her all together. Waiting on a few OEM bits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going Huztl stock to see how she performs. Of course any known issues during build will either get some "baling wire" mods or OEM to circumvent early failure. Thinking that stiff oil tube better loosen up or else! lol Might add a nut as a pickup nipple locking collar in order to add some weight or a piece of brass bushing that will snug over the tubing at the barb.

I'm going Huztl stock to see how she performs. Of course any known issues during build will either get some "baling wire" mods or OEM to circumvent early failure. Thinking that stiff oil tube better loosen up or else! lol Might add a nut as a pickup nipple locking collar in order to add some weight or a piece of brass bushing that will snug over the tubing at the barb.

Good idea. Once I get this one done I think I'm gonna build at least one more 660 and then just use the standard hutzl 54mm. The one that came with the kit wasn't too bad just needs to be cleaned up a little bit definitely one of the better ones I've seen so far from everyone else. My Old man doesn't realize it yet but he needs one of these. Lol. He loves his 310/390 that I upgraded for him. but I can't wait to see his face with a 90 cc. in his hand. Even if he uses it once in a while. I showed him Davhul's vid of it noodling. I think my old man got a little excited. [emoji23][emoji23]

I don't see that my kit has the winter summer plate...does Huztl do it differently?

I have not opened up every single little package because I don't want to get it all over the place but now that you say It i don't see it either I thought they were including it after a while. ?

Back