Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had issues with the gas tank leaking at the seam highlighted in the picture? This is a new build that hasn't been run yet.
IMG_20170624_213413386 (Large) - Copy.jpg

Is it leaking? Take your pressure tester hook it up to the fuel line close the fuel cap. Pump 5_10#'s pressure and see if it holds. Then ask that question if it leaks. It would be rare.

I got the my HZ660 running. I tuned it by ear at first had it about 2600 on idle and 11500 at WOT with a strong 4 stroking. Checked with a tach. Then I tach tuned to the 2700 idle and 13300 WOT. Doesn't seem to be 4 stroking very much there. I have a video of it. I will up load soon.

It's a no base gasket build with very mild port work. Mostly just a clean up and smoothing. Stock Huztl dual port muffler and that's it for now.
8e1cbaf09b248987ffd3f5ece53d8bd5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is it leaking? Take your pressure tester hook it up to the fuel line close the fuel cap. Pump 5_10#'s pressure and see if it holds. Then ask that question if it leaks. It would be rare.

Yes it leaks. Filled up with fuel and it runs right out of that seam. Huztl asked if I could fix it with sealant but I am thinking a new tank should be sent.

Yes it leaks. Filled up with fuel and it runs right out of that seam. Huztl asked if I could fix it with sealant but I am thinking a new tank should be sent.
I had the issue as well
I was asked if Sealant or glue could fix it
I eventually got a discount on a new tank
The new one doesn't seem to leak
We'll see

Insist on a new tank. We are talking fuel here. I am surprised at some of their suggestions sometimes. Sealant is included in the price when you buy it. I bet they got stuck with a bunch of bad ones. The handle/fuel tank was pulled off the website this must be why. I suggest you insist and warn us if you run into trouble. Not acceptable.

At Blair what kinda of discount? Was it a new tank?

Insist on a new tank. We are talking fuel here. I am surprised at some of their suggestions sometimes. Sealant is included in the price when you buy it. I bet they got stuck with a bunch of bad ones. The handle/fuel tank was pulled off the website this must be why. I suggest you insist and warn us if you run into trouble. Not acceptable.

At Blair what kinda of discount? Was it a new tank?

I need to really put mine together this month to test the tank.

My dad cut a tank of firewood with the 660. Ran great. But I noticed the bar was dry when he was done. Did a little investigating. Broke the end of the oil drive arm off. No major damage just a bunch of beauty marks. And the decomp cap popped off. I will be heading to the dealer to get some parts. Other then that supper happy with it.
439238a968a537f0884a4e4ba544f35d.jpg

That is a new one on the arm. Glad no real damage was done. It's good you caught the chain being dry. That sticks out to me too!

Got the 070 out made a chain for it And Made the chain one link too short for an 18 inch bar. :/
so I Ended up pulling a stud out to get the chain on Video will be up tonight

I Am very impressed with this honestly for what it is The idle was way too high and it was tuned way too lean on the high side when i got it But just wow

That is a new one on the arm. Glad no real damage was done. It's good you caught the chain being dry. That sticks out to me too!
Yeah. Probably an over site on my part. Either way. I'm still impresses with the saw. So was my dad.

guys they have the bars and chains on sale this week. it says 20% on the front page and 15% on the item page. i would shoot them a message and ask for the 20%. wow time to load up.

i was ordering a few things and noticed this vent, is this what they are supplying with the kits now, this vent may work better than the duck bill they were using. i guess i will see i ordered a handle/fuel tank. i had a complete engine doing nothing so i bought some parts to finish it up. i got one of these vents and if it comes with this i will just have extra, they were different. i have 3 of the original ones. i am interested if it will fit the 440 as well.
vent 660.jpg

I got the my HZ660 running. I tuned it by ear at first had it about 2600 on idle and 11500 at WOT with a strong 4 stroking. Checked with a tach. Then I tach tuned to the 2700 idle and 13300 WOT. Doesn't seem to be 4 stroking very much there. I have a video of it. I will up load soon.

It's a no base gasket build with very mild port work. Mostly just a clean up and smoothing. Stock Huztl dual port muffler and that's it for now.

At WOT and not in the wood you WANT it 4-stroking. You want it to clean up as you start cutting. If it is not 4-stroking out of the cut it will be lean in the cut. Hope this makes sense.

Or have I mis read your post?

At WOT and not in the wood you WANT it 4-stroking. You want it to clean up as you start cutting. If it is not 4-stroking out of the cut it will be lean in the cut. Hope this makes sense.

Or have I mis read your post?
It seems to be better now. It was still 4 stroking at 13300. Just not what I thought it should be. The plug looks beautiful after a full tank. Thank for the reply.

It seems to be better now. It was still 4 stroking at 13300. Just not what I thought it should be. The plug looks beautiful after a full tank. Thank for the reply.

Excellent news :)

Back