Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my sweet lady's name was Lynn. She wrote
Oh Dear Sir,
Sorry for my delay reply. I get back to the office today.
Today the logistics company is on duty, and we will arrange to send out your order ***** within these two days.
Sincerelly hope you could understand.
Good day.

Best regards,
Lynn

Well after looking at it further I don't think I can blame Huztl for the paint issues. It definitely looks like there was some shipping damage. Box looked fine from the outside but not so much inside.

Bearing's destroyed out of the package. Is the OEM part plastic as well?
Lots of other parts scratched up but nothing that effects the saw actually running so not concerned there.

Definitely going to need a new case. Not sure whose fault this would be. Will be contacting Huztl for a replacement, or at the very least to let them know they need foam or something in their boxes.

Good news is I got the intake and exhaust ported and muffler port matched. I was kind of disappointed with the casting at first but went ahead anyways. Now that it's done it's night and day difference. There's plenty of meat there that can be trimmed off without messing with timing or anything. Now I need to hit the transfer ports but will need to go to the store and find some bits for that.

Well after looking at it further I don't think I can blame Huztl for the paint issues. It definitely looks like there was some shipping damage. Box looked fine from the outside but not so much inside.

Bearing's destroyed out of the package. Is the OEM part plastic as well?
Lots of other parts scratched up but nothing that effects the saw actually running so not concerned there.

Definitely going to need a new case. Not sure whose fault this would be. Will be contacting Huztl for a replacement, or at the very least to let them know they need foam or something in their boxes.

Good news is I got the intake and exhaust ported and muffler port matched. I was kind of disappointed with the casting at first but went ahead anyways. Now that it's done it's night and day difference. There's plenty of meat there that can be trimmed off without messing with timing or anything. Now I need to hit the transfer ports but will need to go to the store and find some bits for that.

That's absolutely Huztl's fault, their packing is craptastic.

Pics didn't work for me. In the last one I did porting on I had about 3 hours doing it. A lot of material needed to be taken off mine. My squish is a .021 and timing 7-8°. I hope the cheap bearings last. Ive have it half way built for 2weeks Ive got busy. There's many different levels of porting. I consider this a half port job. I didn't change the timing or cut the squish band.

Pics didn't work for me. In the last one I did porting on I had about 3 hours doing it. A lot of material needed to be taken off mine. My squish is a .021 and timing 7-8°. I hope the cheap bearings last. Ive have it half way built for 2weeks Ive got busy. There's many different levels of porting. I consider this a half port job. I didn't change the timing or cut the squish band.

Bet those bearings do fine. That crank and bottom end as designed by Stihl is one of many reasons that saw design has lasted the test of time in OEM form and does as well as these have in Clone form..my personal preference is steel caged bearings, mine have come through with steel caged on the flywheel side and nylon on the PTO side. Haven't seen an issue yet though with the bearings that came from Huztl.

The broken bearing I have is for the clutch drum. I looked again and it is definitely plastic. Anyone use one with success? Will probably order a actual steel Hymar online. While I'm at it are the Caber rings worth ordering? I'm leaning towards the ones that came with since the whole P & C is disposable at that price, although there's some time wrapped up porting but that's half the fun. On the subject of porting does anyone have any pics of what you did to the transfer ports?? I am getting ready to do those but their different than what I am used to seeing on a bike. Can the lower ports be blended towards the base gasket, which would essentially lower the port?

Several built with the rings it came with at $15 I went with cabers. I blended the lowers to about a 1/4 - 3/8" from the base. That wouldnt lower the port any. May add a little volume. I thought I had a pic but I dont. Found where I opened and smoothed out the piston
dd3a3514f0c445695478aeb53f9dba89.jpg

Ha I got a kick out of this email from Huztl! Wonder if they're using Google translate or something. I'll keep bugging them until I get a replacement. If I had to buy it their website shows it cheaper to buy the entire engine than just the cases.

Dear sir,
Thanks for your photos.
Sorry for this situation. We have confirmed with our worker and they said that it may be broken in the way of transportation because they
checked the parts before sending it out. And we also ask our technician and this could not affect its using.
We understand this may affect your mood in this problem, but we hope you can trust us. We have sold plenty of chainsaw parts and complete
chainsaws in our business and we have met many kinds of problem. If we don't have confidence, we won't promise you that those factors
won't affect using. To cheat you is absolutely no good to us.

And we would like to refund you $20.00 to make up it, is that ok for you. Since we promise you the warranty, if you have any problem in future using,
you can always contact us for help. We will do our best to help you. We do our business over 15 years and we are responsible and experienced seller.
Waiting for your reply.

I would rather put the case together my self. I doubt they take the time to relieve side load off the bearings before the seals are installed. I can picture them being slapped together as fast as possible.

How much back and forth is it going to take to get this issue resolved? I'm actually very happy with the parts so far, I feel the issue I'm facing is probably a pretty isolated incident. Hopefully they correct it as I don't want to spend more $ I was hoping to see how much bang for the buck I could get for $500! If they do correct it I would definitely be doing more business with them. I'm not even upset about the broken clutch bearing, that just showed an opportunity for improvement.

On a fun note I found a good motor, only costs a few bucks!!

I am going to be getting the Husky 372 kit in the next few weeks from them, Ill make a new thread of the build. Just something fun to do and would hopefully turn out good. I will be attempting to do some porting and mm to it as well.

Doesn't look too bad after powder coat. Not a perfect match but it was free so you can't beat the price!
upload_2016-12-13_18-37-50.png

Also got a tracking # for the replacement case today. It took a couple emails of me basically saying 'hey you need to send me this' but all in all pretty good customer service. I imagine there are plenty of places overseas that wouldn't even give you a response.

How good is the oiler on these? Is it worth it to upgrade to the high output oiler or change the 2 pieces to make it H.O. now while it's apart?

Doesn't look too bad after powder coat. Not a perfect match but it was free so you can't beat the price!
View attachment 543366

Also got a tracking # for the replacement case today. It took a couple emails of me basically saying 'hey you need to send me this' but all in all pretty good customer service. I imagine there are plenty of places overseas that wouldn't even give you a response.

How good is the oiler on these? Is it worth it to upgrade to the high output oiler or change the 2 pieces to make it H.O. now while it's apart?

If you plan to run a big bar, 32-36, I would recommend it. I run 28" on my OEM 660 and I don't think it's enough. It has the standard oiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on running a 28" bar and possibly something bigger for occasional milling, which is what got me thinking about the oiler. Or if I feel like these Huztl's are of good enough quality to last a while I could see building another dedicated to milling. Nothing hardcore just some weekend warrior type stuff.

Build up a saw. Port it, pipe it, run lots of oil and then some, ad a nitrous kit, make a vid. If you have the money to piss away might as well make a good show of it.

I was planning on running a 28" bar and possibly something bigger for occasional milling, which is what got me thinking about the oiler. Or if I feel like these Huztl's are of good enough quality to last a while I could see building another dedicated to milling. Nothing hardcore just some weekend warrior type stuff.

If your going to try milling. Mod the oiler, remove the muffler baffle, run a good oil at 32:1 tuned on the fat side and see how long she last. Milling is hard on the whole saw so I would like to see this test. I've wondered about how strong the rotating assy is and that would defiantly stress on it. Others my add some more things to look for I'm no pro when it comes to milling.

Latest posts

Back