Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would put a drop of oil on the abrasive disc and it would quite things and smooth things...BUT like I found with the Husqvarna parts. its possible they have improved those starters...

The starter is as smooth as OEM.

I just unwrapped my cylinder and piston. The machining overall is better than the pics above, the transfer ports have smooth edges, the intake and exhaust needed the outside edges deburred. The machining center that bores and threads the decomp valve and spark plug hole look to be set for too high a feed rate as the surfaces are just on the verge of galling. The machining and finish on the piston are top notch, the cylinder walls are nicely honed with proper crosshatching.

I've found that the fasteners that are labeled can be cross referenced to OEM part numbers by searching the Huztle site for Huztle's stock number, the result will have the OEM number too. I just wished that they labeled everything rather than just some things. I have an extra fuel line and an extra chip deflector...no idea why. Also I damn near panicked because I couldn't locate the woodruff key for the flywheel/crankshaft...look in the flywheel bag, it's in its own small bag inside with the flywheel.

Now I'm going to spend some quality time with the service manual absorbing all of the disassembly/assembly descriptions and diagrams so that I can try to build a mental picture of the order of operations for a ground up build. It almost feels like I'm procrastinating...

The rubber tube/o-ring above the intake boot goes to your oil pump (between the pump & case ..upper right hand side of the pump) ....and the one between the impulse pipe and o ring seal for the oil tank is the "spring" for the oil pump.
please check the photo again, I marked it. Did i correctly mark it?

I think the thing you have labeled "oil spring" is a grommet and if you move down and diagonally to the left the little rubber bit with a notched mouth is the spring for the oil pump.

I reshot the photos with a labeled the odd ones, or ones I am not sure about as other may not be. so we are not guessing about what is what.

Attachments

• mark up 11.jpg
    mark up 11.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20160915_204423.jpg
    IMG_20160915_204423.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20160915_204429.jpg
    IMG_20160915_204429.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
here is a different markup? So its "A" in the different markup photo for oil pump? i will go back and change it.

Yes, I believe that's what it is. I've not opened my oil pump but it appears to already have that piece on the end. I'd wait for our friend from NY to confirm before we declare it fact...

The rubber tube/o-ring above the intake boot goes to your oil pump (between the pump & case ..upper right hand side of the pump) ....and the one between the impulse pipe and o ring seal for the oil tank is the "spring" for the oil pump.
check us out with the labels now!!!

Yes, I believe that's what it is. I've not opened my oil pump but it appears to already have that piece on the end. I'd wait for our friend from NY to confirm before we declare it fact...

I saw the pump had attachments and left it closed. The rubber bag was worth exploring on its on. first timers coming behind us will have a lot of information if we explore it all in detail. I am sure you agree.

I saw the pump had attachments and left it closed. The rubber bag was worth exploring on its on. first timers coming behind us will have a lot of information if we explore it all in detail. I am sure you agree.

Totally agree. I have two of those plastic boxes with 20 partitions in it and am labeling each partition with what is in it, what the Huztle part number is, what the OEM part number is etc. and am working on a spreadsheet for that detail. I know I'm going to build more than one, I want to make the next one completely straightforward and simple.

I opened the oil pump and will store in a zip lock so I don't lose anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20160915_210615.jpg
    IMG_20160915_210615.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20160915_210631.jpg
    IMG_20160915_210631.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Looks like caps have seals on them already. And they look like different material maybe than the ones in the rubber bag?

Attachments

• IMG_20160915_220609.jpg
    IMG_20160915_220609.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20160915_220616.jpg
    IMG_20160915_220616.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53
the chain adjuster & chain catcher
both bearings and decomp, spark plug was in this bag as well

Attachments

• adjuster.jpg
    adjuster.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
  • catcher.jpg
    catcher.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • decomp and bearings.jpg
    decomp and bearings.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
The only thing that I think is missing in my kit is the winter/summer shutter for the carb airflow.

There was an "E" clip in the bag with the plug, decomp, and needle bearings. I suspect it's for the clutch/rim sprocket.

The only thing that I think is missing in my kit is the winter/summer shutter for the carb airflow.

There was an "E" clip in the bag with the plug, decomp, and needle bearings. I suspect it's for the clutch/rim sprocket.

you are right, the shutter is missing in mine and the eclip is also, no clips except for the cylinder kit is in mine. you may recall I said I ordered the extra clips in case I lost any, I have the clips but they are missing in the kit. The key was in the flywheel package for me as well. Did you get the foil?

so they owe us.
clips (some of us)
shutter
foil

Are the bottoms of the bolt heads serrated like OEM? Are they T27?

No they're not serrated, but all of them have a blue anti seize on them. They are all T27. The whole thing can be assembled with a T27, 8mm (I think) nut driver and a fine flat head screwdriver.

Bag TM06250 *4 T27 contain SPLINE SCREW M6X25 oem 9022 371 1350 shown for cylinder. the photo is a oem and they are the same except ours is black.

Are the bottoms of the bolt heads serrated like OEM? Are they T27?

Attachments

• oem bolt.jpg
    oem bolt.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 65
here are the last three small stuff bags

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
I'm slowly working through the parts list posted earlier and IDing all of the screws/bolts to their location. I've been studying each list, measuring the length&diameter of the screws...this combined with the count of each screw gives me the location. It's slow work but it takes all of the guesswork out of this.

Back