Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess a year ago the kits were better? Sounds like their backing up. HUZTL doesn't promo me or give me free parts to test so what I buy and receive is all I have to go on. I will be honest I thought the kit went together better than I expected but I'm not blind to the problems. Who know how many case's were made like mine and 7 other kits I know of like mine. I couldn't care less about them as I'm sure they don't about me and my 3 kits. How about the master control lever and it not stopping at half throttle and goes straight to idle. Is that just my kits.
All 7 of my kits have the master control issue. I have not looked at a solution yet because they all start fine without the half throttle position.

All 7 of my kits have the master control issue. I have not looked at a solution yet because they all start fine without the half throttle position.

I've had good success in getting the half choke position by taking the master control & trigger out and cutting away all of the casting flash with a razor knife. I hit each of the contact points with a dry silicone spray when I reassemble.

The 'one lever does everything' is problematic on most of the Stihl saws I have come thru my garage.

The MS361 kit I put together would go from fast idle back to full choke when you squeezed the trigger. Result was a flooded engine. [emoji37]

I replaced the Farmertec switch rod with an OEM. That solved the problem.

Why?
I can't say as close inspection revealed no difference in the parts that I could see.[emoji848]

Maybe I just operated it often enuff 'till it found its happy spot.

The 'one lever does everything' is problematic on most of the Stihl saws I have come thru my garage.
most of the time the fix for the oem home owner saws that the switch pops out is to ease the tension from the contact spring a little.

Farmertec says they are planning full replacement parts for these models by end of 2017 :)

STIHL MS180,MS192T,MS200T,MS250,MS260,MS290,MS360,MS361,MS380,MS440,MS460,MS660,070, FS55, FS85, MS251, 028, MS362, MS461, TS400, TS410/TS420, FS550
HUSQVARNA 137, 142, 55, 268, 272, 288, 350, 357, 365, 372, 445/450, 455/460, 262, 346

also some new cheap versions of some stihl and husky specialty tools

who knows how much is true or what will be good and bad, but its always fun to find out

Farmertec says they are planning full replacement parts for these models by end of 2017
Wonder if Hutzl has a 'learning curve' for each kit?

Several posts have mentioned changes / improvements in the MS660 kits - maybe being the first one to try the new models is a bit 'adventurous'?

Interested to see what tools are offered.

Philbert

Likely moving to a trimmer blower concrete saw top handle saws. That will be different

I bought the double sided flywheel remover they sell and it worked great. The splitter they now sell is lame compared to the Stihl tools and they seek a arm and leg for it

I bought the double sided flywheel remover they sell and it worked great. The splitter they now sell is lame compared to the Stihl tools and they seek a arm and leg for it

To be fair the Stihl case splitter is about half price at a dealer (if you can get them to sell it to you) as it is on Ebay etc.

[QUOTE="Definitive Dave, post: 6100564, member: 116131"
HUSQVARNA 137, 142, 55, 268, 272, 288,

who knows how much is true or what will be good and bad, but its always fun to find out[/QUOTE]

Be fun to have a 288 "alternative "

Back