Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Thread Guys
I need to get that puppy out and make some videos with some of my other ported 1122s.

If anyone needs an earlier good 660 crankcase I think i have more than a dozen left in stock.
Capitalist Dave
Look what came in the mail from this place...:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222318574079?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And yet another possible source:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/142179949929

But WHO manufactures these cylinders...with a few changes they could be awesome.

1122cyl.jpg

ok fellas how would you like to have stihl tools at dealers cost plus some number maybe 25%. the tools on ebay have a 100% mark up and if we want to build saws we need affordable tools. so lets take the a look at how much actual interest there is in these tools if they were priced with a small markup and i will work my magic and see what we can do about buying them. i encourage you to call your dealer with the same part numbers you send me. you should buy local if you can and if not we will have the group.

lets do some comparisons and make building saws affordable.

we need to pull the cases part and these two tools would take care of splitting and pulling them together. big saws, little saws
i found on ebay
5910-007-2201 selling for 222 shipped quick. how would 125$ for the stihl tool sound and then the 7 or 12$ priority shipping boxes depending on size etc. on that one tool it would save you enough money to almost buy the other side

5910-007-2222 selling for 222 shipped quick and i think we can get it for about the same cost 125$ and handle shipping the same way.
there are others that we can do better on too.

carb tools? flanges, flywheel pullers exhaust block offs
5910 850 4200 this flange is for the pressure test on a 660 and others. i paid 10$ at my dealer and its on the internet for 38$
5910-890-4501 this does its best work working hoses off barbs and limiter caps 24.5 on internet 14$

so if you would like to make a list of the stihl tools you are interested in and their part number, put the most wanted tools at the top of your list. if you can not find the p# a photo of the tool is ok and send it to me in a pm. i will see if we can make a one time group purchase and see where it goes. there might need to be some limitation and but maybe not. i will work on it and notify you. this could fall flat on its face, and on the other hand i might be able to pull it off. it would be sweet

i will use the messages i get until sunday 1/1/17 evening midnight to work with. give me a week to put something together, next Saturday 1/7/17 should give me enough time. also call your local dealer with the parts list and get their price. tips call all the dealers in your area start with gold dealer. ask for parts dont beg just or beat around bush read off the part number and ask for a price do no ask for the last tool above they will tell you NO not anything to do with carbs

I certainly would have bought some at those prices, however, I already paid higher prices and have those tools. I am looking to find a Stihl USG grinder, but can't find one at a dealer who doesn't want inflated pricing. I would be purchasing lots of tools and parts if they were reasonably priced, and not severely inflated.

0000-890-1701 Pressure/vacuum test kit
5910 890 2212 12mm piston circlip install tool
not sure what the Stihl USG and foot control part numbers are

Thanks

Tom

Look what came in the mail from this place...:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222318574079?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And yet another possible source:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/142179949929

But WHO manufactures these cylinders...with a few changes they could be awesome.

View attachment 546947
I like how they use a common dollar sign so that it looks like the KoblenSchmidt logo at first glance, pretty sneaky and underhanded but probably not anything KS can do about it.
I might head over to China in 2017 to try to put eyeballs on factories, etc. but the officially sanctioned events just put buyers in basically a city of salesmen.
I might find new vendors but I am not sure I would really learn anything.

I like how they use a common dollar sign so that it looks like the KoblenSchmidt logo at first glance, pretty sneaky and underhanded but probably not anything KS can do about it.
I might head over to China in 2017 to try to put eyeballs on factories, etc. but the officially sanctioned events just put buyers in basically a city of salesmen.
I might find new vendors but I am not sure I would really learn anything.

Would be an interesting trip. Spent many years traveling to "manufacturing" facilities over (both) seas selling & supporting Cad/Cam and later software development tools to build Cad/Cam/Graphics systems along with ..ahem.."consulting" on how best to integrate the higher technology into their business models ...especially in the "pacific rim"..:) Was an eye opening experience to say the least. Filled a couple of passports with stamps. And at one point or another had to train folks from how to add and subtract fractions (those in the decimal world) to how to programs five axis machine tools to cut plastic injection molds, from how to build a user interface, to link and compile DLL's with their c++ development environment, to deciding which spline algorithm best models the shapes important to them within the b-rep modeler chosen as their modeling system environment. Just an old man...
The capability is more than there at this point to make pretty much anything. Has been for a while. I think folks might be surprised at how much has been moved from "traditional" places to the pacific rim...without being specific. AND some of those places with a little guidance can, and I suspect will; over time put a "dent" in the traditional thinking....:) One thing I learned pretty quickly as a young man in that role, is there is NO shortage of very smart, creative, and talented folks in this world.

Going to the dealer is what I recommended. Overseas is another option but with shipping that puts it at 115$. The 7$ tool works I own one.

The 150$ tool only splits the case @ twice cost of the Huztl tool. Might fit more saws I would not know.

Going to the dealer is what I recommended. Overseas is another option but with shipping that puts it at 115$. The 7$ tool works I own one.

The 150$ tool only splits the case @ twice cost of the Huztl tool. Might fit more saws I would not know.
Does Huztl have one of these for "stuffer" crank saws? Or are you thinking the "c-clamp" style that ONLY works on saws w/o stuffers AND is a little narrow for the 660's?

I offered what I offered to help. It's Stihl, I mentioned the 7$ tool. It is all a choice. You should know what Huztl sells they are on your lips and in your videos full-time.

I buy farmertec and the last time it was from Abortec. I am not sure what all they sell. Go and check it out.

It's been a while since I screwed the screw out but I think I remember there's left and right hand threads threaded on it

This one is damaged but yeah
80ff43baf2cc126934dd6228c0b21c76.jpg

I offered what I offered to help. It's Stihl, I mentioned the 7$ tool. It is all a choice. You should know what Huztl sells they are on your lips and in your videos full-time.

I buy farmertec and the last time it was from Abortec. I am not sure what all they sell. Go and check it out.
Actually...I know their MS460 & 660 parts and Husqvarna 350, 372 offerings ...thats pretty much the extent as that was where my research focused. Since I'm not trying to build a store or become an online source of parts, there was no reason to expand that search or knowledge set past my project saws. Just a few of us crazies having fun with these 660's. Hoping to research whats available for the 034-038 set of saws from them and others. I'll let folks like Definitive Dave go and dig through all those places many and varied product offerings...hopefully they sort out what good and its worth a few bucks to know thats in fact happening therefore reduces the chances of disappointment.

Back