Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Huztl have one of these for "stuffer" crank saws? Or are you thinking the "c-clamp" style that ONLY works on saws w/o stuffers AND is a little narrow for the 660's?

See when you ask this kinda question I gotta wonder.

See when you ask this kinda question I gotta wonder.
Wonder what...I work on a lot of different saws, and use parts from a lot of sources. Fact is the c-clamp they sell is limited in its saw capability. And since I work on more than a few that they DON'T work on, I asked if they had added a product...simple as that, as I don't have time to dig through all their's or anyone else stuff. ALSO I have a complete set of Husqvarna shop tools for all the Jonsered/Husqvarna's I work on, so I really have no need to hunt for options... So...what is it you wonder.

I'll let folks like Definitive Dave go and dig through all those places many and varied product offerings...hopefully they sort out what good and its worth a few bucks to know thats in fact happening therefore reduces the chances of disappointment.

Markup can go off a cliff

Farmertec says they are planning full replacement parts for these models by end of 2017 :)

STIHL MS180,MS192T,MS200T,MS250,MS260,MS290,MS360,MS361,MS380,MS440,MS460,MS660,070, FS55, FS85, MS251, 028, MS362, MS461, TS400, TS410/TS420, FS550
HUSQVARNA 137, 142, 55, 268, 272, 288, 350, 357, 365, 372, 445/450, 455/460, 262, 346

also some new cheap versions of some stihl and husky specialty tools

who knows how much is true or what will be good and bad, but its always fun to find out

Do you know if they will come out with any MS261 parts. I am hoping for them to come out with coils and wrap handles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sell a ton of those flywheel knockers from Farmertec, they are "sloppy" in that they don't have the tight tolerance of the Stihl version but they are about 1/4 the cost so well worth it for weekend warriors.
That CNC case splitter is totally US designed and built here in Ohio at a machine shop by a chainsaw enthusiast/machinist, I should modify the listing to provide those details.
The nuts are chamfered to allow the splitting of every case we tried (and it was a lot).
It is, in my opinion, and by design, better than the Stihl or Husky splitters.
I bought husky style splitters from farmertec when they first released them more than a year ago but ended up giving them all away because they are so heavy that with shipping they were close to OEM price by the time they got to the customer.
I try not to sell things where I dont make money :)
No mention of more MS261 parts, i would guess coils might be reasonable but I doubt they ever do a wrap handle honestly.

ok fellas how would you like to have stihl tools at dealers cost plus some number maybe 25%. the tools on ebay have a 100% mark up and if we want to build saws we need affordable tools. so lets take the a look at how much actual interest there is in these tools if they were priced with a small markup and i will work my magic and see what we can do about buying them. i encourage you to call your dealer with the same part numbers you send me. you should buy local if you can and if not we will have the group.

lets do some comparisons and make building saws affordable.

we need to pull the cases part and these two tools would take care of splitting and pulling them together. big saws, little saws
i found on ebay
5910-007-2201 selling for 222 shipped quick. how would 125$ for the stihl tool sound and then the 7 or 12$ priority shipping boxes depending on size etc. on that one tool it would save you enough money to almost buy the other side

5910-007-2222 selling for 222 shipped quick and i think we can get it for about the same cost 125$ and handle shipping the same way.
there are others that we can do better on too.

carb tools? flanges, flywheel pullers exhaust block offs
5910 850 4200 this flange is for the pressure test on a 660 and others. i paid 10$ at my dealer and its on the internet for 38$
5910-890-4501 this does its best work working hoses off barbs and limiter caps 24.5 on internet 14$

so if you would like to make a list of the stihl tools you are interested in and their part number, put the most wanted tools at the top of your list. if you can not find the p# a photo of the tool is ok and send it to me in a pm. i will see if we can make a one time group purchase and see where it goes. there might need to be some limitation and but maybe not. i will work on it and notify you. this could fall flat on its face, and on the other hand i might be able to pull it off. it would be sweet

i will use the messages i get until sunday 1/1/17 evening midnight to work with. give me a week to put something together, next Saturday 1/7/17 should give me enough time. also call your local dealer with the parts list and get their price. tips call all the dealers in your area start with gold dealer. ask for parts dont beg just or beat around bush read off the part number and ask for a price do no ask for the last tool above they will tell you NO not anything to do with carbs
I don't get it. Why would you buy cheap copies of a real chainsaw, then spend big money on OEM tools that aren't even required to put these together?

Brad do I really need a reason? Tools are personal. In this case I use them in my hobby. They prevent frustration, increase satisfaction and allow me to smile while I work rather than grunt and cuss.

I recall wondering how to get my cases together and you told me to stick in an oven without a lot of detail and swooped back in the next morning and back tracked. Now I can put a case together with out an oven. I participated in a thread that would help even someone putting together a real stihl get it done with complete detail without tools. Or read, how having the right tool is satisfying.

I think I have answered your question. You are a great guy and you have been very helpful with me. But you seem to have these saws stuck in your craw. I hope no one would buy a oem and tear it all the way down and put it back together. Now that seems wrong. Let us have our fun and continue to pitch in when we need guidance, won't you? Lot of good has come of the fake saws that cut real wood

Brad do I really need a reason? Tools are personal. In this case I use them in my hobby. They prevent frustration, increase satisfaction and allow me to smile while I work rather than grunt and cuss.

I recall wondering how to get my cases together and you told me to stick in an oven without a lot of detail and swooped back in the next morning and back tracked. Now I can put a case together with out an oven. I participated in a thread that would help even someone putting together a real stihl get it done with complete detail without tools. Or read, how having the right tool is satisfying.

I think I have answered your question. You are a great guy and you have been very helpful with me. But you seem to have these saws stuck in your craw. I hope no one would buy a oem and tear it all the way down and put it back together. Now that seems wrong. Let us have our fun and continue to pitch in when we need guidance, won't you? Lot of good has come of the fake saws that cut real wood
I do not recommend using an oven. You are likely to blister the finish on the entire case.

Post 263 and my 264 where i thanked you for pulling me back from the edge.

Anyway the whole answer was with a tool it gives you a chance at having no damage, sealing completely and providing immense satisfaction. Whole point. Whether it's our beloved hobby saws or a fine Stihl.

I like having the tools, sure there's a lot of work around for things. I've never been happier to do seals on a saw because I have the Stihl puller. I struggled with those things using multiple short cuts, now no more.

Anyways, I think I'll be getting the fake 660 next. I'm glad I've followed this thread closely as many have been diligent in posting their problems and work arounds. Great work everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad did a video on the seal puller and I watched it. It sold me on the tools. It was an elegant solution. Not my favorite that's the silly little brake spring tool.

I have my MS 660 about 90% complete, need some help identifying these parts? Also, on the clutch side, I included a pic, any idea what is the hole and c'bore just below the clutch and too the left is for? Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_7248.JPG
    100_7248.JPG
    626.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_7249.JPG
    100_7249.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_7247.JPG
    100_7247.JPG
    417.5 KB · Views: 65
I have my MS 660 about 90% complete, need some help identifying these parts? Also, on the clutch side, I included a pic, any idea what is the hole and c'bore just below the clutch and too the left is for? Thanks.

Your mystery hole gets another m4 screw and D are extra rings that came pre-installed on your tank at the front AV mounts.

"A" is the bushing on the left-hand side of the chain brake. B is the inside stop on the rear/left corner of the engine.

A: extra bushing for chain brake on recoil side - not needed
B: anti-vibe bushing lower left mount on case on trigger end
C: wire clip on coil, usually mounted on coil from factory
D: front left anti-vibe bushing, mounts on the plastic center assembly

Screw hole, a screw exactly like the one above it screws in there, the head sits proud instead of being countersunk like the upper.

dc0497837dc0dff8553fd71ec15d12e6.jpg
2bbe4f370e525cf6d4e4fdd3ebe5bc2d.jpg
db6766e2c57c8d1e5068bc1509ee45a3.jpg
34729eced93310c79ba4084185117a42.jpg

Pictures too.

Sent from a magic box in my pocket.

Thanks Trboxman, the pics are a big help. Have any of you had issues with the chain brake handle? Pushing it forward to lock the clutch, mine handle would hit the muffler before engaging. Its like the thru slot in the handle ear is wider than it should be?

Back