Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the following reply from Huztl:

Dear sir,
Hope you are well.
Please go to our new website http://www.farmertec.com/ , which is same with the huztl.net
The new website could be opened with the mobile, too, which will be very convenient for you to buy our parts.
If you have any further needs, please leave message, we will help you.

Best regards,
Lynn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User accounts weren't transferred either. Order numbers aren't the same... if you've placed an order in the last couple days you'll wanna send an email to [email protected] for a status.

If for some reason you need to drill on the case any filing should be burned to confirm magnesium. That's how the 660 was confirmed

their website has been crazy slow absolutely every time i've used it, so no surprise there.

Ozhoo's link worked fine for me. Though, here is a shorter variant just in case it helps you.
http://www.huztl.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54394

Edit:
Here is the exact product name:
COMPLETE PARTS FOR STIHL MS660 066 ENGINE MOTOR CRANKCASE CRANKSHAFT CARBURETOR CYLINDER PISTON CHAINSAW

and here's how to browse to it:
  1. go to the main page: http://www.huztl.net/
  2. Hover over "Stihl Parts" in the main header
  3. Choose Stihl 066 MS660 (99)
  4. Sort by price High > Low
  5. The kit should now be listed first with a price of $141.99
http://www.huztl.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54394 farmertec found it

I believe it is magnesium by looking at the small spots of corrosion.

I agree with you about the weight. The 440 crankshaft, cylinder, and the cases seem really small after working on the 660 kit. Hopefully I will be able to give it a good workout after it built. I have used a couple Huztl ms440 p&c kits in the past. They run great but I don't have enough time on them to tell how long they will last.
That's my problem, I don't have enough time on them to tell about reliability. I've done lots of the P/C replacements but usually I just break them in and they go to a customer..haven't heard any complaints from them though.

Guys that means they moved the content of the website to the new site. Rip to old site

Gary, that website is no longer working. Apparently, it got corrupted yesterday? I did receive an email this morning from Lynn at Huztl, and she included a link for me to track my MS660 shipping I ordered on Tuesday. Looks like it is in Transit. I sent her back an email asking if the Huztl.net website will be fixed or is it retiring? Waiting to hear back.

Attachments

• shipping.PNG
    shipping.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 22
unfortunately the prices are higher at the new site and their parts list is much, much smaller than on the old site. When you look at the 660 they're only showing a fraction of the ~100 parts that they used to list.

i bet the database migration did not translate real well. they could not pull the accounts either. i bet there was trouble with the products too.

It looks like the 360 and 361 kits are still ~$135 on the farmertec.com site. Maybe I'll have to get one of each of these kits before the prices go up.

It sounds like there may be some issues with the 361 crankshaft breaking. Has anyone built both these kits and have a preference for one of them?

unfortunately the prices are higher at the new site and their parts list is much, much smaller than on the old site. When you look at the 660 they're only showing a fraction of the ~100 parts that they used to list.
When they get the initial sales out of the way the prices will probably go back to normal. Remember, these are not Stihl saws and will probably not be worth nearly as much as an OEM Stihl. Some people are afraid of aftermarket pistons and cylinders, I imagine they would be really afraid of an aftermarket saw!

When they get the initial sales out of the way the prices will probably go back to normal. Remember, these are not Stihl saws and will probably not be worth nearly as much as an OEM Stihl. Some people are afraid of aftermarket pistons and cylinders, I imagine they would be really afraid of an aftermarket saw!

how many have you bought? are you afraid of them? i can't image buying a oem to take it apart and re assemble.

how many have you bought? are you afraid of them? i can't image buying a oem to take it apart and re assemble.
What I generally do is go to our friendly flea market or a small engine shop near me and buy one that is "blown up." Generally they are either straight gassed or have an air leak. I get the OEM crank and crankcase that way and just replace what is wrong and I don't have to pay $200 to get it. I've bought several saws that way. If you'll look at some of my posts you'll see I'm not afraid of aftermarket stuff but the guys I sell them to are and use that as a bargaining point. What I'm using right now for my own is a Stihl MS390 with a bunch of AM parts on it and hasn't given me any problems yet. Since I don't cut full time or do any heavy duty logging I get by fine with it.039-1.JPG I know, it says MS290 on it...

I enjoyed building mine. I understand the logic of only OEM is good enough but I also own a aftermarket saw that cuts equally well when adorned with a fine sharp chain.

The 029 is a fine saw and the big kit is cool. I am going to do my own.

When I built mine I tried to sell it, just tried, because I had trouble starting it with some health issues. And I noticed these other aftermarket saws that a guy was selling he was buying them in a box from China. He spends a lot of time rewriting the ad because they pull it down.

I had a guy call me all worried about this guy selling fake saws. He disclosed in the ad. I was surprised at how invested this guy was, how wronged he felt that ad being there.

Remarks in the forum are close to it. I bet most of their auto repairs have aftermarket parts. I am still scratching my head over it. But they sure will try to lower the saw price because it's aftermarket, even when priced appropriately.

I would not buy these with a resale in mind

The saw I have pictured is one of three that I was trying to make two our of. When I got the two done I said what the heck and ordered a bunch of parts to put that one together. It might have been a mistake because I had to spend a lot of money to get that one together but it might be worth it to me. I modded the muffler, richened up the carburetor and it has a new bar and chain so it does pretty good. I've got several pro saws but the 029 is about all I need around here..

Back