Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said this before but in case nobody's heard it: I've actually gotten a refund for a few items I ordered from China and gave the refund back when the parts finally arrived after more than 2 months. Of course I now have the parts and nothing to put them on. I'll just put it in inventory.

The specific answer is private until it gets sorted out. But they have are struggling to understand what they have stepped into. Cheap on one hand quailty on another.

I feel sure I can elaborate in a short time. If you followed the thread you might have noticed I am no nonsense. This is going to be safe and fun if I can help it.

Stay engaged and we will see. I think they want to provide what we need. They come from a different world and they had little valve until the saw kits because people say bad things about the Chinese junk and that's not always the case.

The saws have brought new respect. The danger is if they misinterpret the signs and the pricing gets any higher those kits will sit and not sell like they once did. That is a different story.

These forums provide the only technical support. Which is great but they could get ahead of themselves when they misjudge the valve. Their costs are low, they can barely provide superior customer service much less the needed technical support. That's where they are struggling. Understanding what they have stepped in.

I think they will get up to speed quick

Since I have both castings on hand I can tell you that there are significant differences in finish and casting quality with Huztl having better quality casting molds and Cross having better quality finish on the inside of the cylinder. The differences are not even close on either side. Huztl's casting is much better, Cross' internal finish is much better.

And to be clear, I'm not comparing them in terms of performance, the Cross cylinder is based on the design of a well known custom porting shop and it most definitely has bigger transfers, bigger intake and bigger exhaust.

Well guys, I fired the saw this afternoon for the first time!! It took some troubleshooting to get there. Thought I would share some issues in case some of you run into these same kinds of problems. At first the saw would not fire, poured some mixed fuel in the plug hole and then it fired and quit. So its not getting fuel? I pulled off the fuel hose going to the carb, connected my pressure tester to it and guess what? The 90 degree fitting that the fuel line in the tank and carb line connect to has plastic flash inside one of the ports that completely plugged the hole shut. I have included some pics as to what I am referring to. I took a small drill to open the port Probably was a good thing that happened, because the fuel line in the tank that came installed from Huztl, happened to be the wrong one. In the kit an extra fuel was included and after digging into this, I could see there is a difference in the shape of the two. I installed the correct one which fits like it should.
I finally get the saw fired up and started tuning it. Seem to run pretty decent the 10 min. or so I ran it, until the flywheel nut loosened up and broke the key-way for the flywheel in two peices. I remember reading this happened to one other guy on here, forget who he is? The flywheel nut came loose? I was afraid of over tightening it, but I can see now it needs to be really be tight and maybe some blue Loc-tite may be in order. I will probably go right to Stihl for a new keyway. I am close, just a few more details to sort out.

Attachments

• 100_7271.JPG
    100_7271.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_7272.JPG
    100_7272.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_7273.JPG
    100_7273.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_7275.JPG
    100_7275.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_7278.JPG
    100_7278.JPG
    608 KB · Views: 52
Sorry you had that trouble but you were on top of it. the elbow was a new one i think

I had same problem on my first build. That is sheering key. I now hit the net with my impact wrench on low setting a couple of times and have not had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on what I've read here, I figured I should order a new gasket set to have to have the oil seals and the muffler and exhaust gasket. I found 2 brands at the top of my ebay search which where Hyway and NWP for about the same price. Is one brand better than the other or should I look for a different brand in general. Also, if I buy a gasket set should I use the case gasket as well or stick with the kit gasket?

Hyway could be alright but I've never tried them. The NWP cylinder I put on saw #1 looked fine and their base gasket looked about like the huztl I had. Who knows they could be the same people under a different name. Both looked good and useable. On the exhaust port gasket I used oem. The oem metal gasket made it better to port match to the cylinder. The muffler cover gasket was missing on all my kits so I used a bead of dirko. The seals is a must have. This is why the seals need to be out. So Before you start pop them out. Also put the crank in the correct way and don't put it in backwards or you'll be pissed. After it's together smack the crank back and forth til it's as close to center as you can get it. Now the preload should be relieved and the crank should spin freely. NOW the seals can be installed. That's just the way I do it.

I was kinda wondering about what you said about a bunch of Chinese companies all operating under one umbrella but different brand names. I've noticed a few coincidences when buying on ebay..a lot of the little companies sell Farmer Tech products.

As far as the leaky gas and oil caps. My gas cap so far is sealing nicely, but the oil leaks where the orange and black are joined. Is there a "decent" AM cap you guys are using or is it off to the OEM dealer? Thanks.

Back