Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the huztl website went down last week, did anyone else lose their account on the website now that it's back? They notified me by email when my order shipped the other day because I had emailed them asking them to let me know, they also provided a tracking number. I was interested in some other stuff they had and it doesn't give me an option to check shipping anymore.

New website and info did not transfer. Re register a new account you can use same name. They have 1000's of products and a lot is missing on website. They are having to rebuild their database and it's by hand one by one and it will take some time put holiday add more time

Yea, in the email she included a link which had someone else's tracking number already entered in. When it first popped up I was amazed it had already cleared customs in California, then I noticed it had shipped the day before I even ordered mine. The correct number showed my package has been in some distribution center in Shanghai since the 11th. I just hope it gets out of china before the new year celebrations kick in.

Did you enter it in the US postal service tracker. Sometimes their system does not update

I wasn't aware it was the same number, I just tried it but it wasn't found. Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on the usps site too.

Yea, in the email she included a link which had someone else's tracking number already entered in. When it first popped up I was amazed it had already cleared customs in California, then I noticed it had shipped the day before I even ordered mine. The correct number showed my package has been in some distribution center in Shanghai since the 11th. I just hope it gets out of china before the new year celebrations kick in.

Mine said same thing for a week then poped up in NY then my house 2 day later. It should be on track I haven't heard anyone not receiving a order in the 4 months since I received mine.

The link they sent me included someone elses tracking number too. I checked it accidentally today and it said that it had been delivered. I was excited. Then I saw that it's last in transit city was Brockton mass. Damn!!! Mine is only 3 hours away now though. Hopfully see it tomorrow.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

I have a brand new compression gauge I wanted to try out on this saw, I took out the compression release button and installed a bolt to eliminate the release leaking. I hook up the gauge and try and pull the saw over, it pulls hard and I get about one revolution at a a time. I am concerned I am going to break something in the recoil? By pulling it just one revolution at a time, I get a reading of only 75psi. The saw runs great for its first tank of gas and I know its way more than 75psi. The squish is .021, so it should be north of 160 I would think?? Anyone have a good way to pull these over fast?

I have a brand new compression gauge I wanted to try out on this saw, I took out the compression release button and installed a bolt to eliminate the release leaking. I hook up the gauge and try and pull the saw over, it pulls hard and I get about one revolution at a a time. I am concerned I am going to break something in the recoil? By pulling it just one revolution at a time, I get a reading of only 75psi. The saw runs great for its first tank of gas and I know its way more than 75psi. The squish is .021, so it should be north of 160 I would think?? Anyone have a good way to pull these over fast?
I was not able to do a compression test on my 56mm either. No base gasket. 0.023" squish. Too much compression.

The throttle has to be open also Tape the trigger down. I hold the gauge with my left hand along with the handle. Then drop start is 5 or 6 times pulling fast. The engine spins over about 3-4 times per pull

I had forgotten to hold the throttle open, thanks!
Si now I have the throttle taped wide open, I am using two different compression testers to compare. I also have a nice MS460 saw I am comparing too. The two gauges only vary about 5psi, I am using a bolt and teflon tape on the threads to plug the compression release on both saws also. So apples to apples. The testers are also the 10mm thread in style with o-rings, not just a gage with a tapered rubber end on it. I can now pull the motor over fast until the gauge maxes out. The new one tank of fuel MS660 I get around 125psi max. with either gauge. The MS460 that runs like a top I barely can get over 100 psi?? The squish on my MS460 is like .045 and the MS660 I milled the cylinder base for a squish of .021. One of the compression tester is a Craftmans from the late 1970's and the latest compression tester I just bought on Ebay. Yeah, it was a low buck kit. Could both of these low reading be low quality compression testers??

Being that 2 testers are close you would think their accurate. My stock 460 had 165-170 psi and The stock squish was also .025 mine had a Mahle cylinder. The farmertec 660 I built had 150psi with gasket delete on one tank of fuel and I think .023 squish. And that saw had the farmertec cylinder with caber rings.

My MS460 is all stock also, actually the squish is more like .037. I really expected that saw to be at least 150? My Huztl MS660 does have the kit 54mm cylinder with Caber rings. After about 4 good pulls, the psi maxes out and if I keep pulling the gauge pressure starts to drop some? The bolt I use to replace the compression release, I can turn by my fingers. I did put Teflon tape on the threads, still wondering if the threads are leaking some? Anyway, I have yet to cut any wood with the MS660.

My MS460 is all stock also, actually the squish is more like .037. I really expected that saw to be at least 150? My Huztl MS660 does have the kit 54mm cylinder with Caber rings. After about 4 good pulls, the psi maxes out and if I keep pulling the gauge pressure starts to drop some? The bolt I use to replace the compression release, I can turn by my fingers. I did put Teflon tape on the threads, still wondering if the threads are leaking some? Anyway, I have yet to cut any wood with the MS660.
If your tester does not have a schrader valve in the end that threads in you will get a false reading, tester is different than a four stroke tester.

The new compression tester I bought off Ebay was a cheap $20.00 kit. The end of the hose looks like just a pressed in check valve? My other gauge is about 35 plus years old Craftsman, probably leaking from old age?? I think I got what i paid for with the $20.00 compression gauge, a pile of ?? May have to return it and buy a decent one?

This is the one I use. It works great. I got it off eBay a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• 20170115_203310.jpg
    20170115_203310.jpg
    964.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20170115_203324.jpg
    20170115_203324.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 41
Back