Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately they do not state the bearing size in their listing. They don't even state if the drum is small 7 or std 7 spline let alone the ID on it either. So they are shipping 10x13x10 bearings when they should be shipping 10x16x13 if they only stock 16mm ID drums. That's the 660 size bearing so I have several in stock. I'll check it out.
360 390 drums are the same. The ones you were supplied are the large bearing style and in my opinion much better. Uses the larger bearing from the 044 class saws.
Unfortunately it is a standard 7 spline drum. I would guess 16mm ID has to be standard spline. It will not accept .325-7 rims that have the small 7 spline. Things would be so much easier on the Huztl site if they would list detailed specs. Bailey's gets it right with their ORF 34162X listing...all the specs are there to make an educated decision.

360 390 drums are the same. The ones you were supplied are the large bearing style and in my opinion much better. Uses the larger bearing from the 044 class saws.
Maybe better for bearing longevity but the 10x13x10 bearings are only a buck each and that smaller size ID on the drum allows .325-7 and 3/8-7 rims to accommodate either chain...which is my main expense other than fluids and Ibuprofen!...lol I just bought a near full roll of .325 .063 Carlton chisel for $0.79/ft delivered and would like to use it on my mid cc saws. So, off to sorting this drum thing out with Huztl.

What was happening was the clutch was pushing on the washer and pressure against the worm gear causing the drum to spin.

They did not say just that's the next kit.
Anything less then a 34-36" bar the 660 will eat it's lunch.
Unless it's in the sub , 150 range I'll let it be, I got a real 660 that's yellow that will pull a 42" bar.
My next big thing from them will be a mill. I got a 28" dia pine that's comeing down and I want to make a table out of it

Back