Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, the hand filed notch in the carb was a bit too deep. Got the carb tuned and was able to adjust the idle down, went to hit the throttle and the trigger was stuck. The idle screw was backed out enough that most of the linkage was on the flat instead of the taper. Might try to file clearance since I have nothing to lose. The low screw was a turn out but the high was out over two.

Together and runs.
f71125a74c502b7c63f13c6ff672d988.jpg

Shakedown, test and tune Monday at the client's farm.

I've seen there was some talk a little while back about the huztl bar and chains so I tried one out. I got a 3/8 .050 picco. Im giving it to someone that has a ms180 but my smallest saw to test it on is a ms250. I was fairly surprised It held a edge like it did. I ran about a 1/2 a tank out the day before and it still cut ok. I didn't check the raker hight it's whatever they have it at.

'Ears' on the Farmertec 066/660 wrist pin retainers are stupid long.
4d8b5512d5f498857551e1f5908130ac.jpg

Shortened them with my Dremel cut off disc.

I would have remove them entirely but might be handy in the event of trouble.
Be aware those tails snap off ,
Had a couple come in ,destroyed piston and cylinder

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

They are going sell a complete kit if it kills and confounds you. That has the hole for a chain catcher

How did your cylinder look. I am close to ordering another 660 kit. I redid my 029 cause I was jonsing

I've seen there was some talk a little while back about the huztl bar and chains so I tried one out. I got a 3/8 .050 picco. Im giving it to someone that has a ms180 but my smallest saw to test it on is a ms250. I was fairly surprised It held a edge like it did. I ran about a 1/2 a tank out the day before and it still cut ok. I didn't check the raker hight it's whatever they have it at.

Agreed. Hutzl chain is surprisingly good to go.

Great thread guys ,convinced my brother to try one out ,so I am now putting one together,so far the only thing that I am missing is the outer felling spike,actually they sent two inside ones,both different profile,also noticed they doubled up on some rubber parts ,and that the piston just rubs the crank at BDC ,nothing to alarming,
Did you guys run the fuel hose and impulse provided, how are they holding up.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Welcome, You will find most of us went very close to 99% Huztl. I used the manifold, impulse. 2 of my vents were bad. Had some fuel hose two were not.

After three messages to Huztl about the outside spike problem I've not recieved a reply that makes any sence.
1915fbb440d5211809215ce2c1563d62.jpg

Are they total dummies?

" Dear sir,
Thanks for your business.
Please inform us. We will help."

What part of 'don't fit' don't they understand?

Maybe my picture isn't getting thru.

Without the proper spike I've no chain catcher in place.[emoji35]

Something has changed there recently.

My example, I have been collecting parts for a complete 20 year maintenance on my 029, I had never dissembled a clamshell. I bought several of those parts from them. The clutch I ordered they sent wrong 4 times, sent 3 - 440 clutches and then acted dumb to what they did wrong, the 4 item they sent was an unknown 3/8 sprocket. For my part that entailed explaining what was wrong, waiting on an answer, then waiting on delivery and then again 3 more times and I still not have that darn clutch. They understand us perfectly. This stupid chinese stick dont get it.

I will guarantee that will not happen on ebay many times because they will get bad marks that will affect their costs. Ebay has started making you wait to give a negative, but it an easier wait. How stupid do you have to be to have a customer communicate clearly with you 4 times and get it wrong every single time. I even suggested they check the parts bin to see it its filled with the wrong things. Later I found that the crap they sent was not even useful to me, for a different model. I worked with them so long that i lost my rights with paypal. that will not happen again

remember the brake level on the 440, they made that same stupid remark and it took an act of congress to get them to correct it. the thing would not fit, it just took looking at at. I had high hopes we had a reliable supply of parts. Fortunately it does not happen often or maybe it is going to occur more and more often.

sad

After three messages to Huztl about the outside spike problem I've not recieved a reply that makes any sence.
1915fbb440d5211809215ce2c1563d62.jpg

Are they total dummies?

" Dear sir,
Thanks for your business.
Please inform us. We will help."

What part of 'don't fit' don't they understand?

Maybe my picture isn't getting thru.

Without the proper spike I've no chain catcher in place.[emoji35]
Looks like your spike is for the case not the clutch cover.
939fe34abd50b024e8e7a939607b5cd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I bought a complete Huztl case and head off ebay. It had some significant build issues out of the box. Nothing that couldn't be fixed but the cylinder bolt only half way tightened made me pull it apart.
1. Cylinder bolt not tightened at all
2. Metal flashing around the impulse nipple that was loose inside the case.
3. NO chamfer on the exhaust and inlet ports

Easy fixes but it shows you should not trust Huztl's assembly. This is one of the reasons I am holding off on the 070 until it comes as a kit.
861b611e0a78afb28136adb7debbff06.jpg
3f96ecc15d3a8e5dab0a070c5053eade.jpg
ab0c8cfc87e83513bed2a81a5b3240cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back