Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happened to notice this morning the kits are on sale. I have been considering ordering this kit for a while now and at the price they have listed I almost can't say no.

At this point, is there really any reason not to order one of these kits? Seems pretty straightforward.

Clay

I'd highly recommend looking at the HL Supply kit with a Cross cylinder. For a few more pesos you get a much better cylinder and shipping from FL vice overseas.

The port # suppose to be better on the cross. But if I'm paying full price I may look at meteor or hyway also. Here's a few pics of my cross
a3dd414faae4f961077bb148c006db8c.jpg
345a7c2b354f7eb95ca8eb8f9691b8cd.jpg
e5d4c39dbe4283e75318f17d00b88e13.jpg

I'd highly recommend looking at the HL Supply kit with a Cross cylinder. For a few more pesos you get a much better cylinder and shipping from FL vice overseas.
Stop and look before you leap. HL kits are farmertec and the cost is higher. They gave a special price to those that offered their love in a special buy and those guys waited 3 full months for those kits to be delivered. Delivery from China is 7_8 days. From Florida is about 3_4 depending on how far west you live.

And look at what they got. Trouble. Upgraded cross cylinders not up to snuff and they were extra cost. I bet that fella fixes that, he is no dummy. My bet is the cross was suppose to be upgrade performance enhanced option and who ever is making those cross cylinders does not understand that concept.

They should have assembled one of those kits and found the flaws and fixed them. Had they done that before sending out kits with major flaws that folks had been waiting on a very long time then buying from HL would have made sense. That's not what happened.

The cross I have I'm going to port it pretty extreme. So if the numbers are better than my FT then that's better in that aspect. Some of the bevels need to be cleaned but I have to do it anyway. In the pic you can see the exhaust roof is pretty flat and that helps in performance.
For the piston Mine looks good with no defects. But a few have had defects. Someone did say it was lighter than other brands. I'll take some pics of it later tonight. Not many topends I found I would just slap them on run with it without touch up.

my FT 660 cylinder is quite rough from the factory... reversed bevels etc lol.

haven't opened my cross kit yet, though I expect it to look like 66 stangs, which is far better than the FT stock. ....not sure why the hate on the cross kit Bed T..... can you elaborate?

The FT cylinder must still be hit and miss. Mine in my last kit looked pretty good compared to my others in the past. It needs a little touching up but I had no castings hanging out in the cylinder that would catch the piston like on my last ones.

The FT cylinder must still be hit and miss. Mine in my last kit looked pretty good compared to my others in the past. It needs a little touching up but I had no castings hanging out in the cylinder that would catch the piston like on my last ones.
Looking forward to your comments on the crank assembly. We have been playing with these kits for sometime and lately the info has stopped. It's now become hey look I finish my build and I love it with only the occasional and sporadic report of a vague issue. I took the bold step of asking them to look at the crank, don't want to send them on a goose chase. Wonder what percent of the lobes required grinding? Be interesting info.

Ferris Bueller my hero, would be a good start.

or Hey batter, batter, swing batter!

I love a good answer.

You know it more than an answer it's timing too. Like do the dishes and then tell her.

Back