Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished building the ms660 (I've never built a saw or even worked on one before). It took about 4 hours of work and it went pretty straight forward. I forgot the AV mount that went against the gas tank so I had to take a lot of it back apart to put that on. The part diagrams made it fairly easy with a little bit of problem solving. I didn't use a base gasket and ended up with .027" of quench. I didn't need any special tools to press the crank on because it just tapped in place with a piece of wood and a hammer. It's not a tight press fit at all.

I ran into 3 problems:

1.) The fuel cap o-ring was too loose and leaked fuel. I ordered a replacement OEM cap gasket.
2.) The pull start often stuck when you pulled it to the full extension. I fixed this by winding the starter a few extra turns and it seems to be good.
3.) The saw quit running and after investigating I found that the ignition coil failed. The coil itself still checks out fine with 8.4kohm but even with the shut-off switch leads disconnected and the spark plug threads grounded to the cylinder it's not sparking anymore. I'm finding that there's no resistance between the shutoff leads. It seems like something internal is shorting.

Overall it ran great and seems like a beast. It cut through a 42" log very quickly.

well i've spent the last 3 weeks reading this thread, all 153 pages. ordered as 660 kit last monday along with some parts to repair my 034av that somebody strait gassed. they showed up today and hope to start putting it together friday sometime. was gonna but the oem saw until i read this post and watched alot of yall's videos. seems most of the problems have been ironed out over the course of this thread except for the leaky fuel tanks that seemed to have popped up as of late. thanks for all yall's hard work and and documentation. where did you guys find the exploded views/assyembly drawings of this saw?

Look in the sticky thread of this chainsaw section and ask for what you need in the beg thread
Do you have a pressure pump?

well i've spent the last 3 weeks reading this thread, all 153 pages. ordered as 660 kit last monday along with some parts to repair my 034av that somebody strait gassed. they showed up today and hope to start putting it together friday sometime. was gonna but the oem saw until i read this post and watched alot of yall's videos. seems most of the problems have been ironed out over the course of this thread except for the leaky fuel tanks that seemed to have popped up as of late. thanks for all yall's hard work and and documentation. where did you guys find the exploded views/assyembly drawings of this saw?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you one.

Are both bar studs the same in the kit or does one have a large tapered shoulder and the other a short flat shoulder?

Both the same. Short flat shoulders. The other ones are available and are more recent.
8554aca0cf1e4a547b917b17725134c9.jpg

What's the best email to use to get in touch with huztl for problems like this?
Actually the messaging system on the website is the best way. You have your orders and tracking right there and the email client does not get stupid on you like some do when you hit reply (ya Yahoo I am talking to you) in a long chain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Actually the messaging system on the website is the best way. You have your orders and tracking right there and the email client does not get stupid on you like some do when you hit reply (ya Yahoo I am talking to you) in a long chain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The message part on my account on my order?

The message part on my account on my order?
Log into your account on huztl, click my account, menu on left besides your list of orders in the long list of options to the left where there is write a message or my messages. include the order# which there is a list right there. That was my point, has all the info you need to solve all your needs.

Latest posts

Back