Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Log into your account on huztl, click my account, menu on left besides your list of orders in the long list of options to the left where there is write a message or my messages. include the order# which there is a list right there. That was my point, has all the info you need to solve all your needs.
Thanks Bedford, that's what I did but remember others in the past having problems with them answering emails in the past

You won't have that issue with the messaging system

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So the Hutzl 660 runs great. Was working it on some dead elm yesterday and a branch started to pinch the bar. As I pulled on it I bent the handle bar badly. It just folded up easily.

Don't have much confidence in the safety of this saw. The brake does seem to work ok and lost a chain in some brush and the roller catcher worked.

Never had that happen with Stihl or the aftermarket I have on the 461 (not sure what is on it, but got on Ebay).

Glad you did not get hurt.

You must have noticed how light the handle was when you installed it? I did. I put the wrap handle on my second one.

I have a 3/4 wrap on my 461. And I really like it so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Without a base gasket I'm getting .037-39 on the squish. Is this ok or should I machine down the base on the cylinder to reduce the measurement?

Without a base gasket I'm getting .037-39 on the squish. Is this ok or should I machine down the base on the cylinder to reduce the measurement?

My guess would be yes to machining it down. Mines .022 inches with no base gasket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

well, got it all together. anybody have a bad carb right out of the box?

It's not unheard of, but not very common. Does it fire with fix poured down the carb? Did you do a p&v test?

With chi-carbs I usually start at 1 turn each and keep backing up the L side a 1/4 turn till I get some response. I've stopped being surprised when some needing 2 turns.

It wouldn't start on gas poured in the carb or on ether. After I posted, I went and tried to start it some more and has gas in the muffler. I did back them out one turn. It had spark out of the cylinder but not as good as I would have liked so I'm Gonna change out the plug and see what happens. Can you tell me how to check the coil to see if it's weak? Have a .009" gap from the flywheel.
It's not unheard of, but not very common. Does it fire with fix poured down the carb? Did you do a p&v test?

With chi-carbs I usually start at 1 turn each and keep backing up the L side a 1/4 turn till I get some response. I've stopped being surprised when some needing 2 turns.

I ordered some rear handle assemblies from Huztl ebay. They are not the same quality as what I have been receiving from Huztl. They are a flat finish unlike oem and the texture of the plastic appears low quality. They probably received a bad batch from a supplier.

The issue is that they have been giving me the run around about replacing them. I have told them several times that I can not use them since they do not match the other orange parts and oem. I will give them another try and then report them to ebay. Huztl usually gives me a little push back on missing and broken but they normally makes it right. If I have worry about getting stuck with subpar parts, I will stop doing business with them.

Be careful!

I just ordered a handle and there are photos of several handles around post 2983 about page 150 showing the color. mine was great. i did bend my spring slightly. hope you get it sorted. we would miss building kits with ya, you just said how nice your 070 kit was. maybe they can pull you back from the edge.

i ordered my bar from huztl today for my new 660 build. they had nothing longer than a 28" so i went with that. 32 would have been nice.
http://www.huztl.net/28-Guide-Bar-S...60-MS461-MS660-MS661-MS650-MS880-p509345.html custom waits are getting longer for me.

the tank guard came and i am still waiting on the shutter/slide, it was backordered.

I think I will get resolution to the issue. They said they will send replacement housings (the orange part of the rear handle) to replace the defective ones.

I put together a ms180 kit yesterday and had several broken parts and a few missing parts. It was interesting that some of the broken parts were in sealed bags and the broken off peices were not in the bags. Quality control still is frustrating.

My 660 went together with all the factory parts nicely but I had two different bar studs in the same sealed bag and the carb is flooding out the engine even with the screws all the way in. Those are my only problems right now. We'll see if I can repair the carb or not and get it running

I am new here.... but have checked out Hutzl.net pricing for the MS660. The kits are certainly priced attractively, but they gone since thread first started? Or, do they offer occasional specials.

Seems like several paid $140 initially and now are tracking at $186?

Latest posts

Back