Hyd cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Goodwrench

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
No snow here yet but guess this fell out of the sky, was laying in front of my shop when I got home today. I like the swivlel ball ends.

Good thing you weren't standing there when it fell.That thing would have left a mark it if had landed on you!
I saw about 20 or so cylinders of various sizes leave where I work in the scrap box not to long ago.All because we got rid of some equipment and these were spares.Brand new.Scrapped.As I stood there looking at all the differant lengths and diameter cylinders, I thought of all the lifts and splitters I could build, maybe even a knuckleboom or something.I did manage to get a couple of the smaller ones, but them larger ones are too much weight for the helicopter ride.

My BIL has worked in the hydraulic repair biz since the early 70's he got this one for me, and even rebuilt it!!! came off a JOY continuous miner has a 4 1/2" bore and a 2 1/2" rod in it and is 27 1/2" stroke. Bit small for my taste in a wood splitter, but would do nice with a 16GPM pump. I always tell him to keep both eyes open for things like this, I'm always building something.

Latest posts

Back