• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Hyway pistons (pop up mainly)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
How many here have seen significant wrist pin boss wear in the hyway pistons ? I’m 3 for 3 currently . They wear so horribly you can hear them click when the saws are pulled over slow with in 15-20 tanks. I run amsoil Sabre 50-1 so it’s defenetly not an oil issue. I’ve also seen the pin bosses start to wear instantly on the little red barn pistons as well. Inferior aluminum or casting process? Not quite sure but it seems anything other then meteor these days isn’t with while even buying.

Haven't heard any play in the 034 pop up in mine?
LRB regular piston in my SP81 sounds loose though, I reused the mac bearings and pin and will probably never purposely buy anything from them again.
The 039 pop up I put together from scrap is also very reliable with hyway p/c ,so? Maybe I'm just lucky.

Haven't heard any play in the 034 pop up in mine?
LRB regular piston in my SP81 sounds loose though, I reused the mac bearings and pin and will probably never purposely buy anything from them again.
The 039 pop up I put together from scrap is also very reliable with hyway p/c ,so? Maybe I'm just lucky.
May I ask how many tanks you have on each hyway piston an are they installed in oem cylinders, squish an compression is lacking an most times horrendous on aftermarket kits thus not putting equal load on said wrist pin bosses

How many here have seen significant wrist pin boss wear in the hyway pistons ? I’m 3 for 3 currently . They wear so horribly you can hear them click when the saws are pulled over slow with in 15-20 tanks. I run amsoil Sabre 50-1 so it’s defenetly not an oil issue. I’ve also seen the pin bosses start to wear instantly on the little red barn pistons as well. Inferior aluminum or casting process? Not quite sure but it seems anything other then meteor these days isn’t with while even buying.
Any pics of said wear on the Hyway pistons?

The pop ups are in the jug that came with them, obviously the mac is an original jug.
I probably have about 20 tank in the 034 Super, but I built the 039 for someone else so idk..
My squish in the 034 is 19.5 with b.g.d..
The only cylinder i had trouble getting a reasonable squish number in was a farmertech 066 jug.
I paid 23.00 $ for the 034 from the scrap yard and the p/c kit was 55.00 from a member on here , I've dropped 10 large pines 28"DBH around propane tanks , at 700.00 on average to drop a tree ,the saw could start speaking in tongues and catch fire and I would feel ok about it.
What rings are you using? Because I do always use Caber or OEM , and how in the hell are you measuring uneven compression pressure in the jug?

Latest posts

Back