I bought my dream truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check into air bag assist instead of extra leafs before you do anything. I like having the extra help when you need it with out sacrificing ride when you don't.

I will have to check into that.
I hauled a big load yesterday out of the woods. I counted 63 chunks, The heaviest being 95 pounds, the lightest being 70 pounds, yup i busted out the scale, lol.
So that comes out to around 4500-5000lbs! Still had some suspension left too, but in a perfect world I would of liked it to be a few inches higher, the leaves were flat, but not bowed upward yet.
I had to back down a foot and a half ditch to make loading the chunks possible. I put it in 4 low pulling out of of the ditch and out of the woods up the hill and barely had to touch the gas.
I just can't get over how much better this is than my old 1500 pos!

with a 350 too

When I was a teen I had a 70 Chevy it was orange and white they will keep on truckin Cool dump bed

I will have to check into that.
I hauled a big load yesterday out of the woods. I counted 63 chunks, The heaviest being 95 pounds, the lightest being 70 pounds, yup i busted out the scale, lol.
So that comes out to around 4500-5000lbs! Still had some suspension left too, but in a perfect world I would of liked it to be a few inches higher, the leaves were flat, but not bowed upward yet.
I had to back down a foot and a half ditch to make loading the chunks possible. I put it in 4 low pulling out of of the ditch and out of the woods up the hill and barely had to touch the gas.
I just can't get over how much better this is than my old 1500 pos!

Yeah.
Solid frames, Heavy axles, Gears, and a real driveline on a truck. Granny 465's negate the need for low range most of the time and are literally BOMB proof.
What a difference is right!!!

The new Trucks aren't up to the task in too many regards.
The newest 3500 sits higher at the bed, and twice as low at the crossmember. Might make for a better truck to haul a camper or a yuppie horse trailer though.:dizzy:

Ya done Good!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back