I broke down and bought a new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blowdown1 said:
TrogL, look in the paper, local "trading post" classified publications, online, etc. There is bound to be some place you can get a new or used saw in your price range that is worth spending money on.

Cub Cadets are actuall Efcos, same with John Deere. Makitas are Dolmars and supposedly HD sells their refurbished rental Makitas for cheap. Since you have been to HD, go by and ask about those.

I didn't know Cub Cadets are Efcos.

A bit of an update

This actually combines several threads.

Thought I'd post a thank you for all the help and advice.

I used the Makita to trim a 45 foot elm, then later in the week brought the whole thing down (wish help from a friend) piece by piece in a narrow back yard (with wires all over the place), ending a dispute with a neighbour (he wanted to replace his garage roof but the tree was in the way) and giving me at least a cord of firewood. The saw worked flawlessly with its new 16" chain.

The owner's coming over to take a look and may have me bring down the front tree (50 foot pine) as well as two trees on his property.

I got rained out of my trip to a friend's to clear his property of dead birch but that's been rescheduled to October.

Pallis, take a look at Cub's web site (cubcommercial.com). Says engine by Emak and then go to the Efco site and compare. It is simply a yellow Efco. Same with the current John Deere saws.

Timbermaster said:
Just like any chainsaw maker, you have to buy the right ones.

You sure are flucky pucker! You just don`t give up supporting Poulan do you. :)

More power to you. I guess there is a place for Poulan in the food chain. Glad that it`s your place. :laugh:

Russ

Just saying not everyone needs a $400-$900 stihl saw for homeowner work.

Don`t take the heat Timbermaster, I was complimenting you!

BTW, you`re right. Not everyone needs an expensive Stihl, Huskies are better!

Russ

Latest posts

Back