I clipped the plastic safety tits off my husky carb adjustments but I think the plastic caps are stripped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilabeez0

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Like I said I clipped the little tits off so I could get more adjustment out of my 346xp. However I can screw it in forever and it never bottoms out or seats or even feels tight like the metal is possibly seating. Am I able to remove the plastic caps altogether? I’ve had the carb out a few times to clean with my ultrasonic cleaner but can’t get it tuned correctly. I just bought a tach to time it perfectly. I’d like to give it another shot before spending $65 on a new carb.

This is what I typically do. Take the carb off. Pop the limiters off, should be a slot in the limiter cap for the screwdriver. Poke the screw drive through it a bit to open the slot up. Put some rtv in the limit cap, line the slot in the limit cap with the needle slot. Put the limit cap back on. Let the glue dry. May have to pick a little rtv out of the slot, but if done right, you keep the guide part of the limit cap and turn on the metal slot in the needle.

I wasn’t sure if they were able to pull off as I was prying pretty hard and they weren’t coming off. I guess I’ll just pull harder and they’ll come off?

Once I get them off what is the stock setting for turns out on L and H?

Latest posts

Back