I did a Light 04 vs Rollomatic E test.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this new bar at the dealer today as well as a bunch of RZ masks that were on clearance.

20231119_204007.jpg

I think it looks okay and it is a feather lighter. And a second faster. I made a YouTube video putting the two bars against each other.

Oliver,

I made it 3 minutes and my internet connection stalled out. How acorns falling on the roof of the building you are in becomes an excuse to call your neighbor a butt hole is puzzling.

Those Stihl bars for the 3005 mount use drive link count of 44, 50, 55, and 61. At least in the 3/8 picco. Of those only the 44 is divisible by 4. the 55 ends up with two cutters the same way and a skip. If you got a universal mout or modified a brand x you could run a balanced 56dl loop and have the sprocket to bar tail as designed, Stihl puts the oiling input hole far back and high so most brand x are not suitable for such mod. The Stihl bars can better be modified for brand x that usually come stock with a 7 tooth nose as opposed to the 9 tooth for the 63 class Picco.

What would be informative (besides the actual weights in the text here) is clamping the tails of the two bars say a block of wood above a bench top or similar and then adding weight to the nose and noting the deflection difference..

Oliver,

I made it 3 minutes and my internet connection stalled out. How acorns falling on the roof of the building you are in becomes an excuse to call your neighbor a butt hole is puzzling.

Those Stihl bars for the 3005 mount use drive link count of 44, 50, 55, and 61. At least in the 3/8 picco. Of those only the 44 is divisible by 4. the 55 ends up with two cutters the same way and a skip. If you got a universal mout or modified a brand x you could run a balanced 56dl loop and have the sprocket to bar tail as designed, Stihl puts the oiling input hole far back and high so most brand x are not suitable for such mod. The Stihl bars can better be modified for brand x that usually come stock with a 7 tooth nose as opposed to the 9 tooth for the 63 class Picco.

What would be informative is clamping the tails of the two bars say a block of wood above a bench top or similar and then adding weight to the nose and noting the deflection difference..
No. My neighbors are the squirrels and are buttholes because they always drop things on my roof. But I think I should have considered that when built under a chestnut tree.

A good pellet gun is always good to have. The spring loaded silent type.

Latest posts

Back